Monday 7 July 2008

BLOODLESS....


Current mood: TIRED...
Category: TIRED... Music



JESUS CHRIST!!!!

I stumbled upon coverage of the O2 Wireless Festival
today and it was the worst music TV I've seen since I watched highlights Glastonbury last week...

Why do these fucking presenters have to be so fulll of shit???

Everything is GREAT!!!! or FABTASTIC!!!!!

Why not just say:

'Here's the Wombats - they're a bucket of steaming crap!!! If I was you I'd go and take a shit now rather than waste any of your life watching them pretend to be energetic!!!!'


Festivals in particular, are a complete disaster at the moment.

Today I had a free ticket to go and see A Day At the Hop Farm

Neil Young was headlining, followed by my American friends Primal Scream, but I looked down the bill and couldn't find anything of interest - so I stayed at home here on Fish Island, saved myself the plastic beer glasses of piss water at £4 a hit, and instead spent an excellent day watching televised sport whilst doing the housework...

Yes boss, instead of standing about in showers pretending to be thrilled by mediocrity and fake authenticity, I watched a Grand Prix full of incident and drama, then switched over for the 2nd stage of the Tour de France - both events were fogged by rain and were all the better for it, meanwhile I was warm and cosey and never bored...


I'm finding sport to be far more gripping of my time and attention at the moment than music.

As I think I've said before, I find the fact that sport presents itself as it is (patriotic, conventional etc) to be very refreshing - because music is exactly the same, but all you hear from music culture and Rock Stars is about how fucking WHOOOOAAAYYYYYYY DANGEROUS!!!!! they is...

Well, here's the news kids:

DRIVING A FUCKING CAR AT 200MPH, OR A PUSH BIKE AT 100KPH DOWNHILL IN THE RAIN IS FUCKING DANGEROUS!!!! SWANNING ABOUT LOOKING LIKE LIAM GALAGHER AND PERFORMING SONGS ABOUT THE DULL DETAILS OF YOUR LIVES IS FOR CLUELESS CUNTS!!!!!


Yes boss, for my money, music culture is absolutely fucking redundent at the moment

Perhaps at times, it's been a potent social and political force, but most of the time it's just something to distract from the day job AKA another plank of obediance, and todays musical everything, is so fucking polished turd neat, knowing and clean cut you could call it advertising

Shit, even the FREE music magazines of today look like product brochures for footwear...

It's graphic design gone MAD!!!!


BRING ON THE FUCKING RECESSION!!!!

That's what I say...

No comments: