Thursday 3 July 2008

MELTING DOWN PT8...


Current mood: PISSED OFF...
Category: PISSED OFF... Music



I had no intention of going to this gig....

It smelt bad and it WAS bad.

But I'm a sucker for the 'idea' of a free offer...


Here's the rub...


Since I've known of them, I've always fluctuated on Primal Scream.

I like bits of Screamadelica and Vanishing Point - but more or less the rest of what I've seen and heard of them is pretty fucking awful...


Sitting watching them tonight, I realised exactly why...

Primal Scream are the worst kind of fakes - an act that pretends authenticity and has none...

They're like a 10th generation version of the Rolling Stones crossed with Doves...

It was all:

Ohh baby baby


Get you rocks off, get your rocks off honey...

WHAT THE FUCK?!??!

You're a willowy quietly spoken Scotsman Gillepsie!!! Since when have you ever said or thought that in real life?!??

It was absolutely fucking terrible...


As for the reformed MC5: They were like how I'd imagine a Bruce Springstein gig to be - expect if Bruce were doing it, it'd have some integrity because he is what he says on the tin.

Basically: Boring fucking blues rock guitar wankery, with none of the original soul, passion or riot...


I left before they got to the MC5 vs Primal Scream final showdown. I couldn't bear it any longer....


The ultimate and final insult, was cycling back through Roman Road at 10.30pm, through the Radiohead crowd, coming out of the doubtlessly 'green' gig in Victoria Park.

NEVER BEFORE HAVE I SEEN SUCH A DULLED AND MISERABLE CROWD OF PEOPLE COMING OUT OF A BIG GIG!!!!

NO-ONE HAD ANY FUCKING LIFE?!?

I cycle barged into one of them (he was worse at crossing roads than toads are) and he didn't even have it in him to turn around to call me a cunt?!?


HOPELESS....


And to think I've got to have this lot in the neighbourhood again tomorrow...


So, overall, it was a very sorry end to what has been an excellent overall Meltdown Festival..

But, that's just my opinion....


No comments: