Friday 21 March 2008

GIG REVIEW ::: BRIGID POWER-RYCE = BREATHE....


Current mood: BUOYANT
Category: BUOYANT Music



GODDAMN!!!!

Sometimes life becomes so apparently shit and small you want to run away to the furthest sunny place and claim happiness on general relief...

You look at your selfish little world and though you know you’re priviledged beyond belief, you only see all the negativity of your current position in such great PURE clarity, the only sane idea you feel is to do some gracious and romantic move to a clime so different, it’ll box your ears into happiness??


For my sins, I had that..

Yes boss, these last few days, I’ve been jaded and booze London tired beyond belief:

The rent wasn’t paid, the cash was squirreled pennies and bad debts and the personal and professional satisfaction was bordering on the abysmal.


You can call me an overpriviledged cunt if you like....

I was sat in a pine yuppie flat as I felt this - but alledged money and presumed luck doesn’t mean a shit at such times.

YOU NEED TO SEE FIRM CURRENT WHOOPPEEE REULTS AND MONEY IN THE BANK!!!! Future dreams and assumed belief simply don’t cut it..


At such a time, the last thing you want to do is travel across the a grey, wet and mean city to see a gig.

No boss, you don’t want to do a jounrey that should take 1 hour take 2 hours with 2 police incidents on the way - you have dope in your pocket and no fare paid, and nerves on edgest edge after a £240 fine and a paranoid fear of the DNA database....

You need to see peace, calm and a taxi called satisfaction taking you to the door and a fresh pint of premium beer waiting on the bar saying

’HIYA PAUL HAVE A SEAT!!!!’


But this world has a way of turning on itself like an quality centerforward does in the 4th minute of extra time. And as I was at that point of loathing implosion, the 3rd bus was suddenly there and I was at the gig and it was magic..


Yes boss, every so often you hear something that shakes you about and
Brigid Power-Ryce does that.

From the very limited recordings I’d heard I felt she had the kind of voice that doesn’t come along very often - a voice with the kind of power that frightens you..

And this is what I think we’re looking at here

I’m not suggesting perfection, or the finished gig just now, but I flatter myself to think I know a force of nature when I see one and i do believe
Brigid Power-Ryce to be one..



Currently listening :
Playtime Is Over
By Wiley
Release date: By 18 September, 2007

01:34 - 1 Comments - 4 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove -

Colossus

I've bumped into her a couple of times in the real world now (a lil disconcerting considering how many people are in London) and last time I did it was at the MADAM gig.

Didn't know she had a gig on damn it! I've been feeling a lil down recently to nd have not been doing the myspace much at all...glad to read your reviews again as they have class written all over them.

Spider xx

P.S Have u heard MADAM?

Posted by Colossus on Friday, March 14, 2008 at 16:30
[Remove] [Reply to this]


No comments: