Sunday 2 March 2008

FILMY ACTION THOUGHTS VOLUME 2 :: INLAND EMPIRE + GIG NEWS!!


Current mood: ROCKING!!!!
Category: ROCKING!!!! Music



Well...

Last night I was at a loose end.

The day had passed pretty well - I'd had another good session gambling to take my weekly profits to aroundabout 54%..

To cap things off, I fancied watching a slice of comedy, but with all the comedy accidentally wiped from the hard disc a few weeks back and with the backups still unretrieved from the safe location, I had very little of that kind of japper available..

I browsed the hard drive and tried watching Monty Pythons: The Meaning Of Life & then Midnight Express - but both were in Polish with no subtitles.

I then opted for Diego Corralles Vs Jose Luis Castillo, which I'm reliably informed is one of the finest boxing bouts of recent years - but that turned out to be a German S&M film...

Exasperated and with nothing else remaining apart from the TV, I thought FUCK IT!!! and dived into David Lynchs Inland Empire


Now, I've stayed away from this film up to now for several reasons:

1) It's 3 fucking hours long
2) I always like to have some unseen Lynch in the cupboard for a rainy day
3) I was a little worried I'd hate it..

Well, I tucked in and really enjoyed the first hour.

Contrary to what I was expecting, it did seem to have a narrative structure and Lynch's obsession with faces and awkward human communications always makes me laugh.

The first 'rabbit' scene was also fucking great!!!


Anyway, I was pushing the hour 15 mark, drinking beer and really getting very involved with the wobbly action. Lynch was drawing me right in to his crazy fucking dreamworld - my face was only a few inches from the screen and I was beginning to feel things..

And then the whole fishy flat felt as if it SHOOK..

I sharpened away from the screen and dropped the headphones off.

I could still feel the rummbling - it felt like it was coming through the fucking floor?!?

How the hell had Lynch managed that?!? Shit, I knew he'd been using some clever new technology in the film, but I wasn't sure quite how he could simulate heavy ground movement by way of film?!?

Perhaps something else - but what?? And it fitted so perfectly with that part of the film....


Well, still unknowing as to what may have caused the rumble, I kept watching, but I didn't make it through the whole film - by the 2 hour mark, I was dozing


Today, I woke up, checked the news and found there was an earthquake last night.

Yes boss!! A fucking earthquake trembling in London!!!

Now, I know this is standard la la for some of you, but we never have that kind of shit here - In fact, I've certainly never felt anything approaching an earthquake in the entirety of the UK in my 32 years of residence...

ACE TIMING GOD!!!


Anyway flimy flim flam wobbling aside...

Tonight, it's all happening in my very favourite locale of London - Camden Town..

Yes boss, we have a double bill of ace bands in The Bullet Bar in Kentish Town.

At 7.30pm we have Clinker playing and then later on, the mighty Colossus will take to the stage, with a whole bunch of other acts sat cutely in the middle...

For more details of the bands and the location, go visit The Colossus page and blogs...

Be there or loose your grip on reality!!!!




Currently listening :
So Tough
By Saint Etienne
Release date: By 09 March, 1993

13:33 - 10 Comments - 8 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

eliza

that movie was annoying and in the end i had to pass... watched during bad hangover sunday... suitable for the case, but jesus... i like it his interview on the credits... otherwise i can only remember psycho-bunnies and head close ups of horny women and sweaty man... earthquake in UK, thats more than bombastic!!! soon we get probably tsunami in baltic sea... hold on tight!!!

Posted by eliza on Wednesday, February 27, 2008 at 14:48
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE BRAVE PRINCE HARRY BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Well, I've heard mostly bad about it, but enjoyed the portion I saw...

I am however worried it might have peaked aroundabout the earthquake point.

I'll watch the rest and report back...

And yes - the world is ending and from now on, I'm not leaving the house without a full survival kit!!!

Posted by : THE BRAVE PRINCE HARRY BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Wednesday, February 27, 2008 at 18:07
[Remove] [Reply to this]


La Paloma, the Queen of Infinity

so then, you are all geared up for a visit to california! survived an earthquake...

Posted by La Paloma, the Queen of Infinity on Wednesday, February 27, 2008 at 20:45
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE BRAVE PRINCE HARRY BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Are you preparred to promise me an earthquake that's bigger than 5.something???

Posted by : THE BRAVE PRINCE HARRY BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Thursday, February 28, 2008 at 11:58
[Remove] [Reply to this]


La Paloma, the Queen of Infinity

oh and got aint got nothing to do with it. you can thank the real boss, ms. nature...

Posted by La Paloma, the Queen of Infinity on Wednesday, February 27, 2008 at 20:45
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE BRAVE PRINCE HARRY BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

No, I think you'll find God ordered it at that EXACT moment to augment MY enjoyment of Inland Empire...

Posted by : THE BRAVE PRINCE HARRY BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Thursday, February 28, 2008 at 11:56
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Colossus

Thanks for bigging us up man!

THAT GIG WAS WILD!!!!!

Spider and the gang xx

P.S Thanks for setting my sights on colour music Paloma!!!

Posted by Colossus on Thursday, February 28, 2008 at 00:55
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE BRAVE PRINCE HARRY BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Yes, it was very lively and lots of people...

Posted by : THE BRAVE PRINCE HARRY BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Thursday, February 28, 2008 at 11:59
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Clinker

Yea thanks man, it was a great gig i'm still buzzing! The atmosphere was electric!

Big thanks to Colossus for getting that one going.

Hows your hangover PG?

Posted by Clinker on Thursday, February 28, 2008 at 10:25
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE BRAVE PRINCE HARRY BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

My hangover was bad...

I kept headbutting people with the peak of my cap. If I get drunk in future - I may have to have to trim my peak...

Posted by : THE BRAVE PRINCE HARRY BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Thursday, February 28, 2008 at 12:06
[Remove] [Reply to this]


No comments: