Saturday 25 August 2007

AND HERE’S ANOTHER 5 :: THIS WEEKS HITS :: WEEK MIDDLING 21ST AUGUST


Current mood: A LITTLE SORE
Category: A LITTLE SORE Music



So, onwards to Part 2 and another 5 fresh acts from the garden...

Raberabe are punky and a touch smooth and tight jagged. There's a bit of The Fall and I loved the first track on their spazzer player. Sadly, the players are mullered at the moment, so I can't name it, but it's a fine and tough jumpy number. Go have a listen and hope Technogeek Tom gets his act together proper quick for the name..

EU is somekind of sci-fi heavy pop thing. They're a bit Nine Inch Nails, a part Numan, a bit 80s cult theme tune. It's not my type of thing, but I've become endeared with it for a reason I don't quite get. I think I'm probably enjoying the comedy aspect. I find this whole lets dress up like sci-fi characters thing very amsuing and I like lyrics that discuss practical matters - I like to respond to them as I type..

EU: 'Sitting back on my dick, should i take a shower, or a shit'

PG: Whatever you need, knock yourself out, the bathroom's second door on the right...

Imperial Empire are another electrotechnolike act. They've got that dark detroit electro sound going on and I'm a sucker for that sound, so even though I can't see them as being that original, I'll give them a good nod...

Unlike the previous 2, Things In Herds are right on a calm and proper peaceful tip. Yes boss, this is another relaxed day out in the country. Very soothing, very peaceful and extremely minimal with both..

Lastly, Grizzly Bear are a multi-layered band and I like them a lot.

After runnning through the tracks, I scrolled down and discovered they were on
Warp. I find this whole Warp shift onto the more acoustic, guitary angle quite a wierd thing. I mean Maximo Park have always struck me as being a bit of a ridiculous kids band. This lot are a whole lot better. They remind me a little of Of Montreal, a bit Boo Radleys, a bit someone else who's name is just out of reach of my early morning memory..

No comments: