Saturday 25 August 2007

FEEL MY BODY HEAT!!


Current mood: FUCKING BODY HEAT!!!
Category: FUCKING BODY HEAT!!! Music



So here we go with a video I can't help but love.


Of course I'm biased on account of this song being one of the very first I ever bought on 7" way back in 1987..

But taking a look at this vid some 20 years later suggests to me that in these high art, abstract, cool, music video days we've lost something of the ridiculous from the art of the music video..

I mean, check these aspects and tell me the last time any modern day vid compared...

1) Enormous Sunglasses taken seriously
2) Gyrating and arking infront of the moon
3) 'FEEL YOUR BODYHEAT' (SPRAY SPRAY SPRAY!!!!)
4) Playing the guitar with a violin bow..
5) Girl with taped eyes screaming on cue..
6) OOOOHHHHHHH!!!!! MAMA!!!!!
7) Singer gets girl and is then arrested by the 'Sex Police'


Currently listening :
Whitesnake
By Whitesnake
Release date: By 25 October, 1990

1:43 AM - 6 Comments - 4 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

Mog Hartley

Dodgy as! I mean the guys have the same hair as the girls that could be confusing after a few pints and all that weilding instruments like a cock stuff, just plain wrong. and the violin bow?? I'm glad these days are over myself.

Posted by Mog Hartley on August 15, 2007 - Wednesday at 1:58 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

I take all your points. Indeed if this video was a deliberate parody it would work very, very well...

But when faced with a choice between Chris Martin or David Coverdale, I'm with Coverdale every step of the way...

Formely Rock music was fun, way over the top and rather stupid in almost every regard. Now it's just dull, contrived and overly serious....

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on August 15, 2007 - Wednesday at 2:04 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


freeish pussy and laundry service

upon finding out they were married... the whole thing was a lot less to dirty to ten year old me.

but way more creepy.

Posted by freeish pussy and laundry service on August 15, 2007 - Wednesday at 10:32 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Coverdale & The Model are married? Yes I remember him being married to a model now i think of it...

So why were the sex police involved if they were married?? What was the crime???

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on August 15, 2007 - Wednesday at 11:21 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Paloma, First Lady of Infinity

this just reminds me of being in 9th grade art class. we had to paint a huge mural (i have no idea why) of the cover of the whitesnake album for the school talent show. and then this kid, who loved whitesnake, lip synced the song. i have tried to erase this from my memory and now you have gone and brought it back...

Posted by Paloma, First Lady of Infinity on August 15, 2007 - Wednesday at 11:49 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

I wish I was set those kind of tasks at school, I would have come out of the whole experience with a lot more love for conventional education...

It's a great song anyway. Those opening chords opened a big door for me...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on August 15, 2007 - Wednesday at 11:56 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]

No comments: