Thursday 16 August 2007

SO HERE’S SOME WORK I LIKE :: THE MAGIC OF PEGASUS


Current mood: BOOPY RAWK!!
Category: BOOPY RAWK!! Music



With all the ranting that's been going on this last little while, I've almost forgotten what my job is. In fact I only found out last week the exact nature of my job, and I'm not even 100% decided on that just yet...

But whether it's my job or not, one thing I certainly do like to do is to draw your attention to GOOD new bands and acts, so here we go with this one...

They're called The Magic of Pegasus and from one simple song, I've decided they're brilliant...

So what???

Well, long term readers may remember I worked the art department on this video from an Italian Death metal band called Abgott



When I took this on, I was really hoping someone had done something new with the formula of Death Metal. Maybe they were going to mixing it up with something new, maybe they weren't going to wear black and scream about SATAN DEATH NECORPOCOCOCKILLLIS DIEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

But no, as you'll notice form the vid, Abgott fulfilled every fucking cliche in the book and were very proud of doing so...

So anyway, I forgot all about death metal for a few months...

and then The Magic Horse of Pegasus appearred and I'm now wondering if they're the new screaming death metal heaven I desire...

So what's good about this lot then???

Melody, colour, vibrancy, defiend contrast, youth, balls, noise, the unquestionable likelihood of further improvement, no known connection to the MCGEE dynasty etc etc...

They're in the studio now working up some new tracks, so get them atop your radar shelter and I'll flag them up again when they new tunes come out...




Currently listening :
Cylob’s Latest Effort -4t
By Cylob
Release date: By 30 May, 1997

11:32 - 5 Comments - 5 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

Time Traveler

I donno about you but I like hearing the lyrics which I can't here... music? yes they have talent. Video? disturbing although I like the filmography
x

Posted by Time Traveler on Sunday, August 05, 2007 at 14:20
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

I find the editing a bit quick. I reckon the horror of pain is it slow pace not it's quick pace...
This kind of music is definately very hard to play - it's a discipline...But I like to see originalty and innovation as well as technical skill....

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Sunday, August 05, 2007 at 14:59
[Remove] [Reply to this]


nnAee ¬

I think artistically theses guys fit in the death metal pocket perfectly with the RAWRing and throat screams... and not too shocked by the video either, its the genre.

but I will say I'm amazed at the skill of the drummer and rhythm guitar player .... Intense!!

Posted by nnAee ¬ on Sunday, August 05, 2007 at 19:42
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Colossus

How did you find these guys???? I grew up with them all in Cape Town! ......craZi... such a small world???

Rob

Posted by Colossus on Monday, August 06, 2007 at 00:29
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Well I figured you'd put them onto me, because they seemed to know about what i was doing...
Maybe they read the piece about Colossus and got in touch that way?? Or Maybe I should just ask them???

Top band though. I normally rule a one track band right out until I've heard more, but this lot are double tight and effective and they therefore got through the rule...))

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Monday, August 06, 2007 at 00:33
[Remove] [Reply to this]

No comments: