Wednesday 9 May 2007

THIS WEEKS HITS :: WEEK MIDDLING MAY3RD 2007


Current mood: OK
Category: OK Music


Here comes a whole bunch of stuff including hits of the week, a couple of vids some gig news, The Manic Street Preachers - Shit there's so much it'll probably be more than just one splat...

So...


A coupla new things...


The first is Laura Minor Here we're talking pretty basic and clean singing. Nothing that bleepy or discordant, just pleasant, gutsy n decent soul..

Then there's
Henry Ellen. H E is something else...I could say Dexys Midnight Runners vs Anthony & The Johnsons.Or: Interesting and pretty new sounding. Great or Just Great. With the right course of events there's definite big pop potential here..


Staples wise,

I've been going through Male vocal stuff this week. Things like
Lee Hazlewood, whom I've come to adore - great clear heart songs through and through.

Quite a bit of
Tom Waits newest 3 disc LP..

I've also become very interested in
The Fall as a result of a 2 disc Rough Trade compilation...

Talking of which I went into the Rough Trade record shop in Covent Garden a week or so ago...What a fucking hole that place is! I know underground is hip and run down etc, but that place is a fucking state...It needs cleaning out and starting again - cutsch hip devo-ness or not...


LIVEwise
I've had a quite week or so.


I saw
The Manics do the Culture Show yesterday and that'll have to be a full piece on it's own...I'm not big on the new material, but i it was the first time I've seen an act I've liked for a number of years up close and personal for a while..

Planning ahead...You can see a fine nightsworth tomorrow in Brixton if you go along to


'babalou / bugbar / the crypt / st matthews church - call it what you will, but it's the church on Brixton Hill. the evening starts at 7.30 and features
they came from the stars I saw them, The Rubicks, The Playing Fields, and Tabloid.'



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket





Oh, and if you wanna be on the next stars LP cover you'd better get over to Hackney Wick this Saturday...Bring tin foil and message them for more details...

OK...

There's pt 1


Currently Listening :
Expensive Shit/He Miss Road
By Fela Kuti
Release date: By 24 January, 2006

01:53 - 0 Comments - 2 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

No comments: