Sunday 27 May 2007

MYSPACE REVIEW ::: METAPHYSICAL PLAYROOM



Current mood: JAUNTY POP HOP
Category: JAUNTY POP HOP Music



OK, here's a review I did for an act called Metaphysical Playroom. I did it when the wrong side of a bottle of Brandy and it shows. I think it has it's moments, but it's also a little crude. To listen to the tracks it refers too please go here and play through the tracks. I like them - it's good playful stuff...




It says Metaphysical Playroom, but is it??

And what is a metaphysical anything??

It's a weird word, and one I've never quite understood, so don't expect any enlightenment on this or any subject just now. Another day I'd be Mr Ffffing Enlightenment, but now I have to write this review and as per often, I'm damn well late!!


So, what have we got here in this Metaphysical Playroom? A bunch of noncey monks chanting away about peace and light?? Or is it some kind of scientific hip hop???


Well, the first track is called Boobs For Arms and it starts by telling us, the listener, that this music takes more brain power to dance to than house music.

This is a butch claim and one I wish to test.

I try using rabbits, but they just run off and start fucking in a corner.

I then resort to pigs. (ditto)

And then, and only then, do I use human beings…

(YOU)

So how would we, the listener, dance to this jump, pop, hop??

Well, it would involve jaggedy, clever movements. It would require eyes switching up and down and from side to side, as if they were being sent contrary electrical impulses. It would go well with some kind of geeky appearance and an interest in robots. It's a funky mother and has a hint of the Casio about it, but it's a sweet and light tune and that's how I like 'em…


Heart Shaped Nipple is a different predator altogether, but it has the same general bloop print. It has the jump hop beat and the playful jive, but it's a little more strict. It's all good playful stuff, the sort of thing kids would know how to jump and bump around too far better than adults…


If your music didn't suck it'd be on FM radioThe ears can hear you…This is what we're faced with next, and yes, dancing to this particular radio edit would be a big challenge indeed…

It's the sort of thing you can lay over other stuff. It worked well with The Fall. It could fit on any good ambient mix. It could be dropped on top of almost anything and work well, like some kind of chistmas tree decoration.


Much the same goes for spunky toofers mix.

STM is a collection of disjointed, yet slightly rhythmic samples that could the soundtrack to a funny farm, It's one for the mix, or for Ketamin or aCID. Yes, press play and watch the lamp shade swing about the room like a quiet pony. Either that or load it in on top of, well - whatever you please…


So…The Metaphysical Playroom has opened, and now I'm closing it. I need to listen to some FM radio and get my radio hits sewn back up…


Currently listening :
Hot in the Shade
By Kiss
Release date: By 03 October, 1989

22:37 - 2 Comments - 2 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

piratepods

u r really good

Posted by piratepods on Wednesday, May 23, 2007 at 02:13
[Remove] [Reply to this]


The Paul Giovanni Music Blog...

Thanks..:+) Brandy has it's advantages. Infact I'm really into spirits at the moment, even though my vision was all knocked out for one scary a miunte the other day...

Posted by The Paul Giovanni Music Blog... on Wednesday, May 23, 2007 at 11:55
[Remove] [Reply to this]

No comments: