Monday 14 May 2007

LIFE AND DEATH AND MUSIC


Current mood: STRANGE
Category: STRANGE Music



I needed to get 3 or 4 reviews done to stem the tide, but i had the most deep and intensive sleep and didn't wake til 11.45am...

I've really not been bothered with sleep for some months now and it just saved it's wrath and twatted me for six. I had no idea of the day or week or anything. It took a while to recalibrate...

Once i had, I jumped straight into the review I knew would be the easiest. It was about a band called The Mojo Fins.

The Mojo Fins do dreamy, wistful and floaty guitar rock. Their debut single has been growing on me since I heard it..

CLICK HERE TO HEAR IT

So, I listened an extra 3 or 4 times and got the review done and here it is...

1 down, 3 to go...

But I had to go to the bank and pay a check in..

I then got sidetracked into the library...

I read the papers. There was news about many things, but one that caught my eye was a car crash on the M25.

A bunch of lads had been on the way back from a stag do. Their van had broken down and they got picked up by a towtruck and the towtruck smashed into a lorry and 5 of the lads died.

The thing that caught me was their faces. They were warm, they looked like good creative boys and for some reason this surprised me..

So, i got back home and checked my email. I'd sent a note to my contact at
Starling PR saying the review of The Mojo Fins was up...

Her reply said:

Hi Paul

Thanks so much

I don't know if you are aware but Jon, the singer, was killed in that awful accident on the M25 on Monday morning. It really is dreadful tragic news.



22:44 - 6 Comments - 2 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

michelle

very sad. they're good. what a awful thing to happen...

Posted by michelle on Thursday, May 10, 2007 at 00:32
[Remove] [Reply to this]


The Paul Giovanni Music Blog...

Yep....It's a horror story...It's sent me into one of those, style="font-style: italic;">shit this world is just pure chance and why do we even bother trying kind of moods...

I mean if the van hadn't broken down they'd be thinking about their next single, but it did and now the surviving members have got a horror story to remember for the rest of their lives...

R.I.P Jon...

Posted by The Paul Giovanni Music Blog... on Thursday, May 10, 2007 at 00:39
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Elizabeth

Oh my God. That is horrendous.

I was only told about it by a friend yesterday. I don't read the newspapers - ever, any more - if I can help it. Toooo depressing.

The groom is going to have a tragically marred wedding day. I hope they all stick together and build strength.

When one of my lovely school-friends died in a car crash whilst out in Georgia, we all became a lot closer. Sudden death makes you appreciate life, I suppose. xx

Posted by Elizabeth on Thursday, May 10, 2007 at 15:09
[Remove] [Reply to this]


tiffany is a pirate lass

thanks! i'm going to check out those mojo dudes.

Posted by tiffany is a pirate lass on Saturday, May 12, 2007 at 06:37
[Remove] [Reply to this]


tiffany is a pirate lass

at first i thought it was a joke - but it is true. how sad. their music is really nice. take care!

Posted by tiffany is a pirate lass on Saturday, May 12, 2007 at 06:41
[Remove] [Reply to this]


The Paul Giovanni Music Blog...

Yeah, it sounds like it shouldn't be true and i bet that's what they're all thinking themselves....

Posted by The Paul Giovanni Music Blog... on Saturday, May 12, 2007 at 18:13
[Remove] [Reply to this]

No comments: