Monday 28 May 2007

GUILTY PLEASURES


Current mood: MILD
Category: MILD Music



So, after 3 days of these free Diesel 'Goodie' bags sitting on the stolen hardwood bench (this bench was taken together with nearly all the furniture from the house of our previous landlord) I finally dipped in....

It's taken so long because It felt like we'd stolen them and I've had that feeling you get when you find yourself with things you don't quite feel like you've earned...

It's like finding a bag or a phone or some money on the bus. You grab it thinking 'FUCKING A!!' and then you sit with it and the longer you think about it the more it feels wrong or complicated..You start to think about whether the person really needed the item? And you wonder what you're going to loose in exchange in the future? etc etc

I'll list the contents:

1 Diesel T-Shirt
1 Dazed and Confused trendy 'green' reusable canvas shopping bag
2 Double shot bottles of Silver Patron Tequilla
1 Small Budweiser Beer
A load of leaflets
1 Small LED Torch
1 Set of Diesel Badges
1 Diesel Combined Lighter and Bottle Opener
1 4gb Sony NWA806FB.CE7 4GB video WALKMAN black
1 Diesel trendy 'green' reusable canvas shopping bag

It's the second last item that makes the difference. These players are worth £140 as a standard issue and this is a specially boxed Diesel one which probably adds a few extra quid on top...

I've been playing around with this gadget for a few hours this evening, but i don't want it. It's neat. It plays videos and it's about half the size and width of the smallest phone I've seen, but I've just bought a gadget to cover it's role..

Thing was, I never noticed these 'goodie bags' were there or had I of done, i'd have most likely not bothered to queue to get one. I'd have figured they were full of a load of promo shit crap, made sure i had a few extra Budwesiers in my pockets instead and never known of their true composition....

Mrs Giovanni was however down there like a machine gun shot.

And then, not happy with just the one, she went to the back of the queue and got herself a second. Mrs Giovanni is every bit the crafty Italian. In fact if ever there was a criminal nation, it's Italy. I used to think it was a cliche, but all the Italians I've met are complete and natural petty criminals. They have no real regard for the state or other peoples businesses, only their own immediate family and friends...

So, the long and the short of it is this:

We went to a free party. Drank about £50 worth of free booze each (at Cuckoo La La Land Piccadily Prices) and came out with £600 worth of free gifts....

And you wonder why I gave the band performing a good write up?!

Maybe it sounds wrong, but I've grown to love corruption this last little while. I used to hate it, but i think i've now resigned myself to it's inevtiable existance and decided that from time to time, a little bit of crime doesn't do one, or the other, any real harm...

So there.......:+)


Currently listening :
My Fair Lady (1956 Original Broadway Cast)
By Alan Jay Lerner
Release date: By 28 May, 2002

23:52 - 4 Comments - 5 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

MollyCoddle -also known as Birdshit Jones

I found a pound coin on the pavement outside a Tesco Metro today.

Posted by MollyCoddle -also known as Birdshit Jones on Saturday, May 26, 2007 at 01:13
[Remove] [Reply to this]


The Paul Giovanni Music Blog...

Did you keep it or hand it into the police????
I handed a £1 note into the police and got it back after a month...
I also handed a wallet containing about £280 that i found in a phonebox close to the Royal Albert Hall in to the police and got it back after a month...

Posted by The Paul Giovanni Music Blog... on Saturday, May 26, 2007 at 01:18
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Engrish Professor

I dropped my wallet containing $80 cash on the street while getting out of a cab in Brooklyn a few years ago. Had my license, credit cards etc. I figured I'd never see it again once I realized what happened - but 3 weeks later, I got it back fully intact by mail at my D.C. home address. No return address on the package. Shocking!

Posted by Engrish Professor on Saturday, May 26, 2007 at 01:28
[Remove] [Reply to this]


The Paul Giovanni Music Blog...

Mrs Giovanni generally steals the cash and returns the wallet/cards...
I make up different rules each time i find something. I have 2 phones that are blocked because i found them and kept them, but left the sim cards in - they are now useless and they irritate the shit out of me each time i see them.....

Posted by The Paul Giovanni Music Blog... on Saturday, May 26, 2007 at 01:38
[Remove] [Reply to this]

No comments: