Sunday 27 May 2007

THIS WEEKS HITS ::: WEEK MIDDLING MAY23RD 2007


Current mood: LIQUID BLUE AND A ATOUCH ANGRY
Category: LIQUID BLUE AND A ATOUCH ANGRY Music



Blimey...

If i can be permitted to blow off a little before i get onto these hits, I'll say that Thames Water are annoying the shit out of me today, because as per last year they've left it until the height of the bird breeding seasons to hack away at the undergrowth where the birds nest, including those cover stars of the Paul Giovanni Music Blog the Whitethroat & the Blackcap...

I've tolerated this idiocy for 4 or 5 days now and don't feel i have much tolerance for it left..

If god exists and is responsible for brains, he was certainly on one long fucking sabbatical when he dealt with Thames Water that's all I've got to say. .

And one other quick thing....

The UK government is about to decide
to go ahead with Nuclear Power again which I predicted on account of my psychic powers some 5 years ago. This could mean that I have to once again whore out my book about working in nuclear power, particularly as the power station I used to work in is the one that always gets visited/mentioned in the coverage (on account of it being the only one that looks anything like professionally built and not like a complete fucking smouldering deathtrap)

So, this may well mean a couple of quieter weeks on the blog anyway, so you may have to visit the archive if you need a fix...Or you could even go and read the start of the book itself as it stands. I' haven't read it myself in about 6 months on account of being terrified of it...

Anyway...

Hits, hits, talk about the HITS!!!


NEW SOUNDSZ

Well here's a novelty - this week I've found some! And some rather good ones at that..

Firstly, we've got Metaphysical Playroom as per described in yesterdays blog.
I like the first two tunes on their myspace player in particular. I would have to admit to being a little annoyed they've not dropped me any kind of Thank You Paul Giovanni you are the best writer the world has seen line since i did them this free favour, but they/he has most likely been blinded by the woft of Brandy that came with the email and the piece and has been vomitting ever since....

Secondly we've got Ergo Phizmiz....This stuff reminds me of a couple of records I have of mechanical music machines and childrens playtime music...I like it - it makes my inner child ask awkward and funny questions..

Meanwhile lyric of the week goes to dog_boy_lover

'And did i mention you'd look great inside one of them bandsaws?'

Marvelous!! Go and hear they're other offerings and don't ever say nothing good has come out of Australia since the prison ships returned to Britain empty :+)

The last of this weeks pics is a band or perhaps they're a one man band. They're called stanleylucasrevolution and a full album of material can be streamed from the Stroboscopic myspace It sounds a little like Spacemen 3, but it's a touch lighter...


LIVE

Right, I've already done the piece about
'the stars' yesterday and their brief early evening gig at 93 Feet East was about the only gig I went to last week...

This week I have some poncey Diesel new bands launch at the devastatingly hip Cuckoon Club tonight, then
James Yorkston tomorrow (I still have a spare ticket for free if anyone wants it by the way) and then 'the stars' again on Saturday...


STAPLES

More of the same really.

The more I listen to Lee Hazlewood, the more i realise i would happily kill to posses his voice.

At this very minute I'm listening to Play the Game by Queen and earlier on today I was loving 'I like to move it' by Reel to Real featuring the Mad Stuntman


And that's more or less it for now. There won't be any hits next week as I'll be in Northern Italy watching bike racing, eating vast quantities of food and struggling with the dialect...


All the best
Paul James Giovanni 3rd :+)

Currently listening :
Radioactive Man
By Radioactive Man
Release date: By 16 January, 2002

14:29 - 2 Comments - 6 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

MollyCoddle

Yes, you absolutely must whore the book.

Posted by MollyCoddle on Wednesday, May 23, 2007 at 17:19
[Remove] [Reply to this]


The Paul Giovanni Music Blog...

But it's such fucking hard work cold calling...No it's not even that, I just can't write the thing anymore and don't want to send it as it is on account of thinking it's not good enough as it is....Maybe I will steel myself soon, go to the caravan for a week and get it redone..
Thanks anyway for the kick :+)pg

Posted by The Paul Giovanni Music Blog... on Thursday, May 24, 2007 at 09:12
[Remove] [Reply to this]

No comments: