Monday 14 May 2007

THIS WEEKS HITS :: WEEK MIDDLING MAY 9TH 2007


Current mood: REACTIONARY
Category: REACTIONARY Music



I'll start by recomending you check out The Mojo Fins Pinata CD single.

This isn't some kind of sympathy vote. It was set to be included here anyway and whatever happens with them now, go get ahold of this single when it's released and send some love to their myspace page...

R.I.P Jon


My main listen this week has been the advance copy of they came from the stars vs reality LP

Currently I've got a whole heap of stuff to listen to and review, not to mention the frigging archive, but I'm finding i'm listening to this forthcoming LP 3 or 4 times a day and this isn't something that happens regularly...

Now I'm aware that this blog is probably begining to read like a they came from the stars fansite and knowing how corrupt I am you might be thinking I'm either in the band, have known them since I was 5 years old or am being paid....

None of these is however the case, I'm simply loving the fresh ambition and the positivity of this band, not to mention the strangeness, the energy, the dedication and obviously the soundssssss.

So...Track one is on their myspazz player and you'll have to wait till the summer for the rest. Get your order in early, get to work on their back catalouge (or else pretend to be press or a promoter and get them to send you an advance copy NOW!!)...

Anyway, after this entry, I promise not to mention them again for a week or two...


Other hits of the week have included Captain Polaroids LP of which a full review will soon follow at cdtimes.co.uk.

I've also been reloving Richie Hawtin AKA Plastikman.

I don't listen to Richie Hawtin at all often, but when i do I'm nearly always moved and twisted and turned. He's got some feel for music that's so subtle and neat it staggers me each time...

I think there's something in some really good music that makes me want to turn it off because I can't quite believe it's as good as it appears to be. I think i have this with Hawtin and The Fall.

I definately have it with Alfred Hitchcock. I can't watch any of his films, never have, am not sure i ever will. I have the idea that if i do, I'll never watch another movie again. I reckon he nailed the whole thing with film, that nothing has really been done since that's moved film on any further - at least nothing much worthwhile...


Mix wise
go see Mr Engrisch Professor He has a wonderful array of mixes available for download...


Otherwise,
I've been trying to get into The Manics album but not yet suceeded and am failing badly to find much else that's new and fascinating on myspazz....

Next week I will find new tunes



Currently listening :
Empyrean Isles
By Herbie Hancock
Release date: By 23 March, 1999

02:19 - 7 Comments - 9 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

Sixshot

You might have seen some of these bands and I have admit I do know everyone in these bands but I thought I would recommend some of my favourite unsigned bands in Scotland just now. Popup - www.myspace.com/popuptheband Shutter - www.myspace.com/shutterscotland Call To Mind - www.myspace.com/calltomind

Posted by Sixshot on Thursday, May 10, 2007 at 09:41
[Remove] [Reply to this]


The Paul Giovanni Music Blog...

I'll take a look...Thanks for the tip :+)pg

Posted by The Paul Giovanni Music Blog... on Thursday, May 10, 2007 at 09:44
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Engrish Professor

Big up from Engrish Professor Centraal.... been zlack on keeping the page up-to-date, but I did just put up the Underground Knowledge series' Glitch special today. I too love Mr. Hawtin - especially the older stuff like Spastik c.1993.... hip thrust centraal

Posted by Engrish Professor on Thursday, May 10, 2007 at 19:12
[Remove] [Reply to this]


The Paul Giovanni Music Blog...
style="text-align: left;">style="color: rgb(102, 0, 0); font-weight: bold; background-color: rgb(255, 204, 51);" size="4">THANKS FOR THE BIG MIXES!!!!

Posted by The Paul Giovanni Music Blog... on Saturday, May 12, 2007 at 18:03
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Rob

thanks for the heads-up on Engrisch Professor!

Posted by Rob on Thursday, May 10, 2007 at 22:27
[Remove] [Reply to this]


MOG

Mr Engrish Professor. Nice one!

Posted by MOG on Friday, May 11, 2007 at 14:58
[Remove] [Reply to this]


The Paul Giovanni Music Blog...

Mr Engrisch Professor is just the sort of person that makes you love the internet...Keep those mixes coming...:+)

Posted by The Paul Giovanni Music Blog... on Friday, May 11, 2007 at 15:04
[Remove] [Reply to this]

No comments: