Thursday 15 November 2007

THIS WEEKS NEW HITS....


Current mood: BOSA NOVA...
Category: BOSA NOVA... Music



Now there was a feature I planned to do every week - The Roundup Of The Hits.

My problem with completing it weekly, was my problem with completing everything - I get quickly and easily bored...

Yes boss, the life of Paul Giovanni IIIrd has been beset with being at places ahead of the game, recieving a shitload of bother for being in the 'wrong' place, getting bored, moving on, then looking back to find the 'wrong' critics making the money out of what I knew to be the future...

Seriously - If I'd have stuck to my radical environmentalism, I could have been seriously rich running some kind of carbon footprint charity by now - either that or in prison....

I think I love the struggle too much...


Anyway, here's a few of this weeks hits to get your short and stickies into...

As always I recommend these to be excellent music, though I don't guarantee any will ever be famous or make you or them any friggin money...


First up is Haco...

Haco play some kind of minimal and delicate touchy feeley thing with minimal glitches and undertainty galore. Shower Alone is an interesting and rather lurking number - expect a lurid picture of me in the shower and this as my profile song someday soon...


Adem is on the same label as The Arctic Monkeys, but don't hold that against him. He plows this kind of neo-folk with electronics thing that has developed itself very nicely this last 10 years. I'm not sure how much I like Adem at present, but I reckon it's worth taking a listen to...


For something altogether more bruising you might like a dose of FlatyDL. Here we're talking jumpy loud drums and BIG bass battering. It's quick and clever and just the sort of thing to get all sweaty too BEFORE having your shower alone...


And lastly, howsabout an older artist of whom I've only just become aware. Yes boss, for anyone who thinks the bitty glitchy music, popularised since the advent of high powered laptops is a new thing, go take yourself an earful of Mr
Joao Gilberto.

Not only does his track Samba De Minha Terra demonstarte that he was there first, Mr Gilberto also knows melodies and makes great Bosa dancey numbers work WITH the glitchy sound...

In short, Mr G has the slinky slam lot...

Set the controls for the heart of the Brazil!!!




Currently listening :
Live in Montreux
By João Gilberto
Release date: By 25 October, 1990

01:00 - 6 Comments - 3 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

Clinker

Adems good, but I prefer Four Tet. They both play/played (dunno) in a band called Fridge. Both as solo artists are better than Fridge in my humble opinion.

I'll have to check out the others. I didn't know Joao Gilberto either, sounds worth a look.

Next week sounds good for gigs. Are you going to Collosus too? We've got a lot to prove following Collosus and TCFTSIST.

Posted by Clinker on Friday, November 09, 2007 at 13:20
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Ah, I remember Fridge but I wasn't that impressed with them. Four Tet I know of, but have only heard one track I really like - Kieran Hebden has always struck me as being one of those men on the scene who's profile is enlarged because he knows shed loads of people. Like a kind of electronica Justin Robertson..

Gilberto is very high quality indeed. I've been listening to that all morning...

Yes. I'm on for the hat-trick next week - fuck knows how because I have no fucking money. I'll have to start drinking meths or something...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Friday, November 09, 2007 at 14:48
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Clinker

Join the club. I've no money either. Not earned anything for ages. But must be done! I might get you in free for ours, but I can't guarrantee it just yet.

Posted by Clinker on Friday, November 09, 2007 at 18:02
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Yes..GREAT!! if you can guestlist me. If not I'll get there in the morning pretend to read the electricity meter and hide in the cupboard with my meths until showtime comes....))

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Friday, November 09, 2007 at 20:50
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Nonstop Everything

thank you for the joao gilberto shout out. i love this guy.

Posted by Nonstop Everything on Friday, November 09, 2007 at 19:17
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Yeah - he's great. I can't remember how I got to him - quite possibly it was off your friends list...))

I now need his records more than I need eternal credit and no more red bills...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Friday, November 09, 2007 at 21:02
[Remove] [Reply to this]

No comments: