Monday 5 November 2007

MORE ON THE NAZI... (NOTHING TO DO WITH MUSIC)


Current mood: HEAVY ESSAY
Category: HEAVY ESSAY Life



He was one of these who's clever enough to temper what he says to whom and when. The type who understands that wearing a swastika on the forehead is going to attract unwarranted attention and result in trouble of some kind - especially in a country that spent 7 years fighting the nazis...

Julienes acolytes were Scottish and English. The Scot was as racist as Julien, but no blood and thunder nazi. The English guy was just weak and impressionable. I don't think Freddy believed in Julien, but Julien was battering Freddy with his views because he was in the next bed and because Freddy didn't have the balls to tell Julien he was a stupid twat...

When Julien was testing people out, he'd merely talk of the abstract 'beauty' of 100,000 men marching at Nuremberg - like Lemmy and Bryan Ferry have. You would await the disclaimer (that the politics was all wrong, that Hitler was a mad shit etc) - but it would never come and you'd think 'He's not is he - he can't be, those sort are extinct aren't they???'...

It was this combined with a like of other aspects of his character, and my desire to give people the benefit of the doubt, that took me so long to work Julien out - that and because I had my walkman pumpin in tunes to distract me 24/7...

No, that's a lie...

I found Julien suspicious from early on and on the previous lab visits choose to aneathetise myself with my walkman so as not to hear and then have to do anything with him, should he prove unequivocally to be a nazi...

Yes boss, he's a big hunk of meat is Julien and I have no physical threat at all. When banged up in a lab on bad drugs for 2 days at a time, I hadn't felt I needed to have a rabid big bad nazi evil-eyeing me all day long - I therefore avoided and blocked him out with music..

But this last visit, I forgot my walkmen headphones (they turned up in the washing machine) and this time Julien was less careful with his words....

He started to referring to the nurses in terms of nationality.

"HEY PHILIPINO!"

When no-one of colour was about, he'd start referring to the definite attributes of whites and non-whites. He'd discuss the fuhrer at the lunch table and would intimidate the multinational nurses when and where he could without exposing himself too obviously...

There's a nurse called Johnny.

Johnny is far too nervous to be taking blood. He shakes like a leaf. He looks to be pereneially on the verge of complete nervous collapse. Julien worked this out and preyed on him with bluntness to the point where Johnny had to refer taking blood from Julien to someone else because he was too scared...

"Why's your name Johnny when you're Vietnamese?" Julien would ask
"Err, all my borthers and sisters began with with J and my parents wanted me to err,,"
"It's a bit funny having a good English name when you're Vietnamese though isn't it?"
"Well, err.."
"Oh don't worry" Julien would say (clearly not meaning it at all) 'My names Julien, it should have been something far more German.."

Julien took to putting still film depictions of swastikas as the wallpaper on the communal computers. Me and another guy would remove them. Juliens acolites said we were mad to do this - that he would kick the shit out of us if he knew (they would tell him), but once I'd done it, I realised he was a big bark with a bite he couldn't use.

This isn't to say Big Jules wouldn't have enjoyed beating me or any impure nigger and faggot lovers to bits. He's been a soldier in the South African Military and I wouldn't be at all surprised if he's already administered plenty of beatings. But Julien was clever enough not to start attacking people in the open from where he would get caught and outed for what he was...

Well, Julien is leaving the UK in December. He's going back to South Africa for a few weeks then going to either Germany or Scandanvia where he figures the good blonde specimens are...

Good riddance is an easy thing to say - he's no longer going to be a problem for me..

But it leaves me worried. We're so rammed full of honey these days, we're giving our power and guts away bit by bit and whilst we might not give a shit about this power and like the fact life has become easy, the people who can take advantage are people like Julien...

Shits like that one are shrewd enough to know to keep a low profile and wait for their moment, and meeting him has reminded me that it's very very naive to think Nazis and the like are a thing of the past, the like of which we'll never see again.

It's my guess they're hiding away, biding they're time and regrouping. They're waiting until everyone is buttered up, dependent and disempowered and then they'll be back...

That's unless you believe we already live under nazis...


Currently listening :
Wagner: Overtures & Preludes
By Richard Wagner
Release date: By 29 September, 1992

13:31 - 16 Comments - 14 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

Colossus

The scary thing is thier are many who wouldn't even for a moment consider their thoughts dangerous or extreme enough to be comfortable with the label Nazi.

At least u can spot a Julien in the distance coming at you. Those who don't even know they have shit for brains are the ones who give me the chills...

Spider of Colossus

Posted by Colossus on Wednesday, October 31, 2007 at 18:40
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

I think people do see them coming, but lack the balls to deal with them in the early stages.

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Wednesday, October 31, 2007 at 19:25
[Remove] [Reply to this]


MüllerCoddle

I'm surprised the nursing staff would tolerate that kind of racial intimidation. Although he sounds like he's bordering on having a serious personality disorder, so perhaps it's best not to aggravate it by challenging him...

Posted by MüllerCoddle on Wednesday, October 31, 2007 at 18:58
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

I was very wary of challenging him to start with and if he knew where I lived, I'd have been very reluctant too do anything at all because I think he's probably the maddest and most dangerous person I've met for a long time..

But at a certain point I realised making a statement then ignoring him would do the job of showing disapproval and it could be left at that...

The trouble with the nursing staff is that he spreads it around thinly over many different people and he's very careful about mixing it with humour to make it all appear as jokes. Many of them were clearly sick of him and some gave some back, but i get the impression that nursing is the kind of business where a degree of abuse comes as standard..

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Wednesday, October 31, 2007 at 19:42
[Remove] [Reply to this]


MüllerCoddle

Abuse, both physical and verbal, is rife and on the increase. But it doesn't make it acceptable. The A&E dept at the hospital where I'm based has its own police station, such is the need for a uniformed 'presence' to deter troublemakers...

Posted by MüllerCoddle on Wednesday, October 31, 2007 at 20:30
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

'it's own police station' is a proper frightening thing...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Wednesday, October 31, 2007 at 22:52
[Remove] [Reply to this]


MüllerCoddle

PS. "Rammed full of honey" - phrase of the week!!

Posted by MüllerCoddle on Wednesday, October 31, 2007 at 19:19
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Clinker

I would probably get my head kicked in, cos I can't tolerate that shit. If anything thats put me more off doing what your doing more than staying off drugs for the necessary period!

To quote Dead Kennedys.... "Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks....FUCK OFF".

They're just scared, worthless scum.

Kudox for keeping cool!

Pete

Posted by Clinker on Wednesday, October 31, 2007 at 22:47
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

I think this is the first time I've ever met a proper nazi. Racists are sadly more commonplace, but someone who buys into the whole SS/Fuhrer bit - that's a first...

I found him ridiculous and felt increasingly aggressive towards him, but fighting him in any sort of aggresive sense would have meant an easy victory for him, so once I'd worked him out for sure, I found obviously ignoring him to be the best policy..

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Wednesday, October 31, 2007 at 22:59
[Remove] [Reply to this]


stephen w.k.

REPOST FOR P.G.

we have nazis in the colonies, too. amazing really.



Posted by stephen w.k. on Thursday, November 01, 2007 at 02:03
[Remove] [Reply to this]


they came from the stars, i saw them

why don't you write to the hospital administration and get him kicked off the trail for saying abusive things about / to hospital staff?

and then when he's walking out we just kill him. just point blank kill him.

Posted by they came from the stars, i saw them on Thursday, November 01, 2007 at 11:20
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Well I get the impression they know him well enough - he's previously done a 35 day stint in there. Most of the staff avoid or treat him with the thinly disguised contempt he deserves...

You know what these places are like. They're desperate for people half the time and such was the way he went about things, it was very difficult to pin him down. It was all subtle inferences and things could be taken one way or another except the look in his eyes/nods/winks when he said them - if anyone gets offended he then goes back to the joke part and claims innocence of any offence - he's a slimey fish...

I would have no belief a letter would do anything..

The best way to nail him would be to get his confidence, then tease out and tape his views a little more blatantly - that or kill him...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Thursday, November 01, 2007 at 13:17
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Mog Hartley

I had some old lady Knock on my door to try and convert me to her christian church Once and she was telling me her belief that that Nazis are running europe in a covert manner. She was quite convincing all though I can't remember much about her argument as it was a long time ago. Maybe there is a possibility. Where I work there is an amount of "jokey" racism It really raises my Hackles and I will make my opinion clear on the matter.

Posted by Mog Hartley on Thursday, November 01, 2007 at 15:01
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

I think the 'ironic joke' is where all these schisms hide these days..

I think many of the other patients and staff took this guy as a bit of a joker, but after a while it became clear to me he wasn't being funny and his views were rampantly racist and the jokes were his hiding place to express them...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Thursday, November 01, 2007 at 15:12
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Charles Bukkake

I don't know whether this type of brazen cunt is more dangerous than someone more subtle and persuasive.

Because at least this way you can ridicule him and we can laff

Scary Mary though.

Good blog.

Posted by Charles Bukkake on Thursday, November 01, 2007 at 16:13
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

This guy kind of fluctuated between the subtle and the brazen - though if you were to judge him on appearance you might well scream NAZI!!!!

My American guests were saying there's a whole town of them in Caluifornia - that must be proper wierd...(((

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Thursday, November 01, 2007 at 16:37
[Remove] [Reply to this]

No comments: