Thursday 15 November 2007

NEWS FLASH NO2....FEMI KUTI


Current mood: SUPER EXCITING....
Category: SUPER EXCITING.... Music



Long term readers might well remember this blog from way back in July...


So, for those of you who missed my bulletin announcement, earlier this week I decided I'm going to visit Nigeria.

The purpose??

To see Femi Kuti play at The Shrine at least a few times.
To understand and further discover the music of Nigeria.
A Holiday
Because it seemed like a good idea at the time

This came about because I stumbled upon someone who apppeared to know of Femi Kuti and who was in Nigeria.

A few messages were exchanged.

After very little thought and a strong instinct, I then decided I was definately going

I think my friend then panicked that I may be some kind of wierd or stupid cunt (very easily done), because since then I've heard nothing...

This could be for any number of legitimate reasons, but the email was read and since then not a word...??

Anyway, the decision is dusted....

I've got it penciled in for mid October. I'll most likely work the Prosecco harvest in Valdobbiadene/Vidor, Italy then fly down with a selection of sunglasses and hats and a more or less open agenda...

I imagine the trip'll last about 2 or 3 weeks. I'll blog the lot of it and try and whore it out elsewhere n'all...

I have a feeling this the trip will blow my damn head off...



Well, thankfully I didn't freak out my friend and she's been in touch today saying she's organising an original Afrobeat festival in Nigeria in conjunction with The Nigerian Tourist Board!!

Yes boss, this means not only Femi Kuti at the Shrine, but former Fela Kuti associates and a wealth of new and old school Afrobeat legends all playing in Lagos and having it huge!!!

Dates etc are to be confirmed, but it's one you'll all need to be getting into your travel diaries as soon as everythings arranged.

Watch this space for more details...))


Currently listening :
Femi Kuti - Live at the Shrine [Deluxe Edition DVD + Live CD]
Release date: By 28 June, 2005

15:38 - 4 Comments - 2 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

MARCUS LIKES JANE

ha ha i get the weird or stupid cunt reaction too. The trip sounds awesome.

Posted by MARCUS LIKES JANE on Tuesday, November 06, 2007 at 22:39
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

YES!!!

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Thursday, November 08, 2007 at 12:05
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Mog Hartley

The Trip of a lifetime! man! that will be some experience. Good one!

Posted by Mog Hartley on Thursday, November 08, 2007 at 11:56
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

OLĂ©!!!

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Thursday, November 08, 2007 at 12:05
[Remove] [Reply to this]

No comments: