Thursday 15 November 2007

HERE’S A QUESTION....


Current mood: MAN TROUBLE....
Category: MAN TROUBLE.... Music



I have a whole bunch of acts/bands in my 'Favourites' list AKA 'The Waiting Area.....'

After having listened to these acts a few times a piece, I've neither been able to dismiss them as being bad OR found I love them unconditionally - I'm simply feeling ambivalent towards them and lacking an either way knock out punch...

So my question is this:

For an eminent and fart-important music writer whore such as myself, is Luke Warm Ambivalence an ADD or not???


Currently listening :
Score
By Matthew Herbert
Release date: By 09 April, 2007

21:58 - 27 Comments - 10 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

maryJane

that would be a NO.
no one likes taking lukewarm showers, they only put up with it if absolutely necessary.
SO. is it absolutely necessary to put up with lukewarm bands...when hotter ones are readily available??

Posted by maryJane on Sunday, November 11, 2007 at 22:15
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Yes...

No is the line I've been working up to now, but I'm aware that some bands are very much better LIVE than on record and some might also have no idea as to their best work...

Either factor could shift them up that extra few points for a YES!!!

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Sunday, November 11, 2007 at 22:22
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

so maybe I should give them the benefit of the doubt....???

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Sunday, November 11, 2007 at 22:23
[Remove] [Reply to this]


maryJane

well, thats completely up to you. i would still say no.

but maybe im just bitter about the fact that my water heater broke...and im taking out that frustration on potential pg subjects. BLIMEY.

Posted by maryJane on Sunday, November 11, 2007 at 22:27
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

What the hell do you need a water heater for in San Diego???? Can't you just put a pan of water out in the sun or something????

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Sunday, November 11, 2007 at 22:33
[Remove] [Reply to this]


maryJane

i could, if there were any sun...its fucking raining !! sun in london, rain in san diego...it doesnt make sense.

Posted by maryJane on Sunday, November 11, 2007 at 22:42
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

YES!!! Ever since the two of you left Fish Island we've had 100 degree heat. I've been sunbathing daily!!!

PS: Amy Winehouse is currently staying in one of these luxury Fish Island flats to escape the press!!! I told you everything and everything comes to Fish at some point or another...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Sunday, November 11, 2007 at 22:52
[Remove] [Reply to this]


maryJane

WHAT?!?! i adore amy !!! please go out and stalk her for me...

Posted by maryJane on Sunday, November 11, 2007 at 23:00
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

She has a BMW awaiting outside at all times - maybe I'll put Mrs G in a big wig and send her out for more beer....

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Sunday, November 11, 2007 at 23:03
[Remove] [Reply to this]


maryJane

YESSS !!! this is a MUST !!

Posted by maryJane on Sunday, November 11, 2007 at 23:05
[Remove]


Purveyor of Nothing

u must get shed loads more artists/bands adding u than I do as they know they are in with a chance of getting stuff reviewed,put out there etc,and I would say no 2 blandness.If you're really not sure on first play let a few friend requests build up,and when in the right mood,go through the lot hiring and firing.There really is no room 4 feeling sorry for people altho' I have done it myself.Theres this bloke from fish island...(lol! Just joshing!)

Posted by Purveyor of Nothing on Sunday, November 11, 2007 at 22:39
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

I find it easier with bands requesting me, because if I'm not sure, they eventually get deleted for me because friend requests only last a month...

It's the 5 or 6000 I've skimmed off this last year that sit in the favourites. I've pulled out plenty of good'uns, but these 'nearly' ones just sit there and take up space...

I NEED TO GET DECISIVE GODDAMIT!!! BREAK SOME FUCKING HEADS AND START GETTING RIGHTEOUS!!!

(that is even more righteous!!!!)

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Sunday, November 11, 2007 at 22:44
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Charles Bukkake

Yes yes, it's either HOT! or it's not.

Posted by Charles Bukkake on Sunday, November 11, 2007 at 22:40
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

AND THAT IS PIPING HOT!!!!

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Sunday, November 11, 2007 at 22:46
[Remove] [Reply to this]


HappyCoddle has run out of Happy

I would say that Lukewarm Ambivalence is NOT worthy of an add - otherwise you're undermining the status of those bands you love immediately/unconditionally. If you start handing out adds willy nilly, then the adds become meaningless. Do you see???

Disclaimer: I may have misunderstood the question...

Posted by HappyCoddle has run out of Happy on Sunday, November 11, 2007 at 22:43
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

But where does the line get drawn??? If I only have PURE EXCELLENCE I'd only have about 30 or 40 bands on my list...??!!

Also some acts pass you by as being ordinary then in a different mood/time/place/state of mind slap you around the chops with their excellence!!!!

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Sunday, November 11, 2007 at 22:50
[Remove] [Reply to this]


HappyCoddle has run out of Happy

You need some kind of tier system. Perhaps open a couple more spazz profiles...with acceptance of band requests made increasingly more rigorously policed the closer you get to the tight inner circle of PGIII, where only the absolute cream can sit at the top..??

Posted by HappyCoddle has run out of Happy on Sunday, November 11, 2007 at 23:00
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

YES!!! I'm going to set up a focus group on this one immediately....!!

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Sunday, November 11, 2007 at 23:04
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Paloma First Lady of Infinity & Queen of Hearts

I think you should make it a democratic process. Have your readers vote. But then again, if they ain't moving you, and a good one should, then they ain't moving you and you should pass...

Posted by Paloma First Lady of Infinity & Queen of Hearts on Sunday, November 11, 2007 at 23:16
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

I need to set up a committee and fully focused FOCUS group to study the matter in proper detail. I will need a budget and some staff - Can Piratepods give me a grant and a large expense account to deal with this rather pressing issue???

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Sunday, November 11, 2007 at 23:19
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Baku Llama

I think you need to bash a few stinkers is what I think! Phrases like "This Blows" and "What the fuck is this" and "Don't give up yer day job" can be funny when added to a review of horrible stuff.... The lukewarm stuff? Do Like God says and say: "I spitteth thee out from my yap"!

PS. but if you review my stuff please know that I am very sensitive and own many guns.

just Kiddin

Posted by Baku Llama on Monday, November 12, 2007 at 03:16
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Yes, there's definately a place for bluntness in reviews, but I don;t want to go to that kind of effort for adds...

I listenend to your record again yesterday. The review will most likely come this week (be afraid - be very afraid!!!!!)...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Monday, November 12, 2007 at 08:58
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Colossus

I would say that Lukewarm Ambivalence is NOT worthy of an add - otherwise you're undermining the status of those bands you love immediately/unconditionally. If you start handing out adds willy nilly, then the adds become meaningless. Do you see???

It makes sense that adds should be given more value...u value your time right? Why spend it on something that hasn't really moved you?

VALUE YOUR TIME.

MAKE VALUABLE FRIENDS.

LISTEN TO GREAT MUSIC

Posted by Colossus on Monday, November 12, 2007 at 19:07
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Well, I'm not talking about accepting everyone - just the acts that are a few cms off...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Monday, November 12, 2007 at 19:21
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Colossus

If they are a lil below the bar u set then of course...fine. Anything lukewarm though will eventually become your new bar though...see where this is heading? Your stsandards will drop and that will affect your taste. Dont dither about it or you'll eventually think about giving average bands a chance...

If they get any better you'll hear about it somehow...some bands that I consider great start off pretty average.

Bleach is an album I like cos INUTERO is GREAT...you get me?

Pablo Honey is ok but without THE BENDS...you get the picture?

Don't add em if your unsure...just wait and see...g'night pal and don't worry about the door (Re: Gig) it's covered.

Posted by Colossus on Monday, November 12, 2007 at 23:13
[Remove] [Reply to this]


The Cupid Kinkyboots Fan Club

I say ADD, fella! These bands may not grab you now, but so what? If you like them, even a little bit, they deserve some support. And you must like them a little bit since you keep them around in your Waiting Area. I mean, if they really sucked, you would have deleted them right away. These bands may not be spectacular now, but with a little support they may stay together long enough to get that way. So I say ADD them, then comment something nice to them about their music. I've found a lot of neat-o music since I started using MySpace that I probably wouldn't have found otherwise.

Posted by The Cupid Kinkyboots Fan Club on Thursday, November 15, 2007 at 06:36
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Wise words Ms Boots...

Of course the other option is to keep them in the waiting area for a year or so and see what happens from there..

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Thursday, November 15, 2007 at 10:06
[Remove] [Reply to this]

No comments: