Thursday 8 November 2007

HEADPHONES TO HEAVEN??


Current mood: BUM BUM BUM....
Category: BUM BUM BUM.... Music



So following on from the nazi discussion of the day before yesterday, here's a starting question, whilst I lay back for an hours nap, during which time I'll dream marvellous and intelligent thoughts, before returning for a binge blingin blang blogging session this afternoon...

The question is this:

Is it really good for anyone (apart from the internet and apple) that everyone walks around cut off from the world attached to digital walkmans??

Doesn't this kind of behaviour infact mean, that communities are being undermined and personal responsibility diminished, thereby leading to the inevitable need for the nanny capitalist police state musicians sing in protest AGAINST (then charge you money to listen to) on the very same digital walkmens??


Currently listening :
Speed Garage Anthems

01:35 - 6 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

Treacle

Living in a country where I don't speak the language it's a blessing.
I find headphones a way of warding off pesky Christians and lingering shop assistants
But I see your beef...
they help me to feel a little less paranoid about the people pointing and laughing at me.

Posted by Treacle on Friday, November 02, 2007 at 13:37
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Well the great thing is they make ignoring people very much easier and in your case and other cases this can be justified.

But using them day in day out to ignore the world - genius or problem??

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Friday, November 02, 2007 at 15:03
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Steve | Version Sound

I am openly defiant against the iPod hipness bullshit. Here in DC, there've been a number of robberies and a couple sexual assaults against people lost in iPodland. They can't hear anyone come up behind them, they're usually oblivious to peripheral activity and totally susceptible to young urban thuggery. And I personally just despise Apple's marketing machine. It's all very corny and transparent (albeit expensive) in my opinion.

Posted by Steve | Version Sound on Friday, November 02, 2007 at 15:05
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

They're great news for robbers!! Not only do they take the victim off guard, they also clearly indicate what there's a high value item available for robbing...!!

The wierd thing is many of the people I know who are most obsessed and preoccupied by music don't have digital walkmans or use them very infrequently...

As for Apple - No, don't even get me started on what I think about either Apple or their cool marketing shizzers...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Friday, November 02, 2007 at 15:09
[Remove] [Reply to this]


caroline

thank you - once again! even though I haven't seen gazilions of people walking around with ipods in zürich, I do not pity anyone who gets robbed for this.
ipod is just another bullshit toy. I don't give a shit about it.
peace, c

Posted by caroline on Friday, November 02, 2007 at 16:42
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

I go in phases with walkmen...

Sometimes I use them all the time and sometimes never..

Currently I have a clever phone I call 'Personal Joy'

This phone has a 4gb memory card with a an ever changing bundle of music on it. I don't think I could easily manage without one given that i always have a shitload of music to listen for review etc..

Whether it's destroying society is a whole other matter...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Friday, November 02, 2007 at 16:50
[Remove] [Reply to this]

No comments: