Monday 10 November 2008

WHO IN THE HELL IS LINUS GERDEMANN??


Current mood: I’LL BITR YOUR FUCKING HEAD OFF!!!!
Category: I’LL BITR YOUR FUCKING HEAD OFF!!!! Sports



ENOUGH BULLSHIT!!!

NOW OVER TO PAUL FOR THE SPORTS!!!!





A few months back, I passed on the already known news that 7 times Tour De France champion Lance Armstrong was to make a comeback to professional cycling...

Yes boss, the original plan was for a return to race the 2009 Tour De France - but that now looks unlikely on account of France, the French and the race organisers having little time for either Lance or his aggressive winning approach...

Instead it looks more like a Tour of Italy and a few spring classics..


Now, I wasn't sad to see Lance leave the sport some 3 and a half years ago.

No boss, at the time he retired, he was dominating the Tour to such an EASE degree, the race was becoming predictable and almost mechanical.

It was time for fresh faces and different kinds of riders and racing..


Well, since Lance went, there's been a few epic days in the Tour - but nearly all of them have been soured by subsequent positive drugs tests.

Yes boss, last years race was pretty tame except for Riccardo Ricco's multiple attacks (now banned for 2 years)



and winner Carlos Sastres (never caught) one race winning attack on Alp D'Huez..

But, all told, there was a distinct lack of fizz and fire throughout - the riders seemed like polite and deferential helpers and not risk taking maniacs..


It's a sign of the times.

For some idiot puritanical reason, cyclings governing bodies and race organisers have got a real hardon for drug taking and are SERIOUSLY tackling this 'problem' like never before!!!

Yes boss, like Rock 'N' Roll becoming a limp dog in a basket of flowers, cycling has decided to divorce itself from it's riotous past and go all YEAR ZERO


Thing is, I don't see drugs in sport as being much of a problem.

No boss, heavy cheating has always been a big and important part of cycling and the Tour in particular, and though there have always been measures taken to counter the cheats, there's never been anything like the level of policing as now goes on...


And since it has, I've found I've become increasingly disillusioned and bored with what goes on on the road....

Sure, there are still good races and performances - but there's a certain energy missing - a certain mean spirited corruption and danger that was part of what got me interested in the whole hoopla to start with....

From being a chaotic blend of sadistic self sacrifice and torture, undertaken by neurotic madmen, cycling is becoming something of a designer lycra garden party..


Well, the good news, is that with Lance and Ivan Basso (returning from a 2 year ban) back in the bunch for 2009, this looks set to change...

Yes boss, Lance hasn't even ridden a decent sized race yet, but he's already creating controversies and aggressive rivalries galore..

Here's one of them...


'Recently, German rider Linus Gerdemann said that Armstrong's return may not be in the best interest for the sport's credibility. "He's right, (Lance replied) I am older. I raced with Sean Kelly, Stephen Roche, Miguel Indurain and Greg Lemond of all people. I have been around a long time and I don't know who the hell Linus Gerdemann is, but I know that when I rolled up in 1992, I started winning races. And when I roll up in 2009, I am gonna be winning races. He better hope he doesn't get in a breakaway with me because I can still ride hard," said the Texan.'


WELCOME BACK LANCE!!!


http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=features/2008/lance_armstrong_nov08








No comments: