Thursday 13 November 2008

Warhol Work....


Current mood: NON STOP WORKING...
Category: NON STOP WORKING... Jobs, Work, Careers






'I always like to work on leftovers, doing the leftover things. Things that were discarded, that everybody knew were no good, I always thought had a great potential to be funny. It was like recycling work. I always thought there was a lot of humour in leftovers. When I see an old Esther Williams movie and a hundred girls are jumping off their swings, I think of what the auditions must have been like and about all the takes where maybe one girl didn't have the nerve to jump when she was supposed to, and I think about her left over on the swing. So that take of the scene was a leftover on the editing room floor - an out take - and the girl was probably a leftover at that point - she was probably fired - so the whole scene is much funnier than the real scene where everything went right, and the girl who didn't jump is the star of the out-take.'


Taken from: THE Philosophy of Andy Warhol (From A to B and Back Again)

A Harvest Book


Currently reading :
The Philosophy of Andy Warhol : (From A to B and Back Again)
By Andy Warhol

No comments: