Tuesday 4 November 2008

3...


Current mood: BOOM BOOM
Category: BOOM BOOM Life



'I'm confused about who the news belongs to. I always have it in my head that if your name's in the news, then the news should be paying you. Because it's your news and they're taking it and selling it as their product. But then they always say that they're helping you, and that's true too, but still, if people didn't give the news their news, and if everybody kept their news to themselves, the news wouldn't have any news. So I guess you should pay each other. But I haven't figured it out fully yet.'





'Nowadays if you're a crook, you're still considered up-there. You can write books, go on TV, give interviews - you're a big celebrity and nobody even looks down on you because you're a crook. You're still really up-there. This is because more than anything people just want stars.'






'Before I was shot, I always thought that I was more half-there than all there - I always suspected that I was watching TV instead of living life. People sometimes say that the way things happen in the movies is unreal, but actually it's the way things happen to you in life that's unreal. The movies make emotions look so strong and real, whereas when things really do happen to you, it's like watching television - you don't feel anything.'







Taken from: THE Philosophy of Andy Warhol (From A to B and Back Again)

A Harvest Book


Currently reading :
The Philosophy of Andy Warhol : (From A to B and Back Again)
By Andy Warhol

No comments: