Friday 7 November 2008

The times....


Current mood: NORMAL...
Category: NORMAL... Jobs, Work, Careers



are mighty wierd aren't they??


It looks as if America is gonna vote in favour of someone who says he believes in change - and why not??

Obama seems like a chipper kind of chap, and I can see the importance of getting a darker skinned depth to American political proceedings.

But I'm not expecting anything much in the way of REAL change...


No boss, I hate to piss on the parade, but for me democrats vs republicans is very much like warm shit vs cold shit.

It's all big money capitalist politics and if that's how it is, I'd almost prefer the more vicious of the two to get in and do the job properly...


Yes boss, Kennedy was lauded as being some kind of warm and spunky cool god - but he helped bring the superpowers closer to NUCLEAR FUCKING WAR!!! than probably any other US President.

Meanwhile soft, smooth old Billy C sent a few missiles into Sudan in order to divert attention away from his extra curricular sex life...


It's not that I don't like Obama, or believe that some things might improve under his governership - more that I don't believe he's got any room to effect any serious change.

I'm also absolutely cynical about politics and politicians FULL STOP and nowadays can only enjoy politics as an abstract startegic pursuit (like a football match).


This view hasn't come from lazy cynicism, but from years spent watching how and why politicians work at very close quarters.

Politicians are untrustworthy lying shits - that's the beginning middle and end of it...

No politician is gonna save your economic soul - only you can do that, and even then you're fighting luck (and the weather)...


Yes boss, in some ways I'd like to join in the making of Obama into the next Ché, but I don't believe in him anymore than I believe or have believed in Fidel Castro, John Major, Francois Mitterrand, Chairman Mao or Saddam Hussein - and no amount of Bruce Springsteen concerts and Jay Z endorsements is gonna change that...



Currently reading :
Cosa Nostra: A History of the Sicilian Mafia
By John Dickie
Release date: 2005-09-29

No comments: