Wednesday 18 June 2008

THOUGHTS...


Current mood: CONFORM TO
Category: CONFORM TO Music



I guess I'm involved with music because I still vaguely feel it has the power to make statements with power and authority - the strength to influence change and consciousness on some base level....

But I sometimes wonder if that's all a load of bollox - that music is just one big entertainment business - that there never was any Rock 'N' Roll or Punk, that whether contrived so or not, music simply boils down to a floppy and meek social glue that has no power to change a damn thing other than a select fews bank accounts....


I do think there's a fundamental dishonesty about music.

Whereas sport represents itself very overtly as being about pride, passion, competition, nationality, loyalty, conformity and playing the game, pop music has this continual 'I'm radical, I don't play by the rules!!!! I'M BAD!!!!' bullshit about it

Which makes me wonder if the todays pop music biz being so fucking openly conformist, dull, safe and money based is something that should be celebrated...

At last music has come clean about it's true self!!

'I'M CONVENTIONAL!!!' SHOUT THE DAVE GROHLS 'I'M REALLY FUCKING NORMAL!!! SILLY STUDENT POLITICS CAN KISS MY ARSE!!!! LETS ROCK OUT AND MAKE SHINEY HAIR TOGETHER'


I remember an incident when I was at Junior School

One of my classmates was doing a project on

'Something that had changed the world'

He was doing it on tractors. I said he should do it on The Beatles

Fuck knows why I came out with that then - I'd not even heard The Beatles at that point. I had no idea as to whether that poxy pop group had changed a lightbulb, let alone the world...

Robert Richards agreed though...


That RR fellow was a strange one.

I ran into him a while ago after we'd both left school.

Then, I was still working M3 for the green radicals by day and by night

RR was working for a plant hire company that was being sent all the diggers and bulldozers that had mysteriously stopped working overnight...

He was complaining - looking at me with accusatory eyes, because he reckoned I was damaging what he thought to be beautiful creations.

And I was thinking

'WELL DON'T FUCKING COMPLAIN!!! I'M KEEPING YOU IN A JOB!!!!'


It's funny how things go and come around...


All ths talk of protest and wilderness aside, I think the main difference in my own mind between 15 years ago and now, is that nowadays, I don't believe in good or bad.

I've come to the viewpoint that it's all a matter of time and place.

You can dress it up however you like - but it's all time and place...


GOD JESUS?!?!

See what the countryside does to my brain??? I spend a few days with my toes in the fucking seawater and I start coming out with this crap....

KILL ALL HIPPIES!!!! BURN DOWN THE FORRESTS!!!!!

MUSIC IS THE GOD!!!!! GIVE ME SOME CRACK AND SOME FREE TICKETS TO A FUCKING GIG!!!!!

No comments: