Wednesday 18 June 2008

THE SONG REMAINS THE SAME....


Current mood: THE WAY IT WORKS....
Category: THE WAY IT WORKS.... Music



'The ironic thing was that you had the accepted rebels like Bobby Gillespie and Shaun Ryder and Liam Gallagher - who were all fawned upon in one way or another; and then you had me!

I've never played the game like they have. The Happy Mondays and Oasis would do anything. The NME would say, 'We're having a party for the staff in London,' and there'd be about 150 people and their mates, public not allowed. The Happy Mondays would come down and play. I'd never do that. I'm talking about playing private parties for record executives at Creation Records, which Oasis did. What's more, Creation used to ring me up and say, 'We know you haven't got a label, and we really want to sign you if you do this: if you come down and play this informal party for the Creation staff and Alan McGee.'

And I'm like, 'If you're a Fall fan, as you say you are, why do I have to play a party?'

'Oh, it'd be in your interests, Mark.'



No comments: