Wednesday 18 June 2008

THE MAKING OF PAUL GIOVANNI PART 3


Current mood: ALLEZ ALLEZ!!!
Category: ALLEZ ALLEZ!!! Life



Well, life can get complicated and when it does, one often needs a good lawyer and in my protesting days, I was generally very lucky with lawyers...





Yes boss, on occasion, I had the 'duty solicitor' who was on call, and who had no fucking idea about who I was or what I was doing, or why I felt it might be important, but generally I was lucky to be well represented at all times..


When it came to suing the police, I was fortunate to have the very best of lawyers..

Yes boss, by a vague acquaintance I ended up being represented by a
Mr Hugh Tomlinson QC..


Now, I knew at the time, this guy wrote the textbooks on suing the police, and now I've just checked his CV and found he's represented and/or opposed Pepsi Beckham and Don King..

Basically, he's a big fish, and he made me £5500 for nothing very much - so I should add him to my heroes list..


Of course, I feel inclined to boast and claim all due credit and responsibility for finding Hugh - but I can't.

No boss, getting him on the case was all the work of a woman called Juliet McBride.


Juliet McBride, was, at the time of these arrests, training to be a solicitor herself and was already well connected, after having been involved with protests against American atomic weapons based at Greenham Common and Aldermarston.

The genius of Juliet
(if you can get a question asked in parliament about the theft of your mobile you're a genius) is that she works the rules.

Rather than getting cynical or defeatist, she reads the books, finds the loopholes and cracks the cases...

She knows there are always gaps and that the power often makes room...


So what am I saying with all this???

Well...

Commit crimes and sooner or later you will get punishment, but that should never stop you from doing something if you feel it's the right thing to do...

I look back on those times and see some fun, some hell, some right and quite a bit wrong about how I was and what I was at - but I have absolutely no regrets...

No boss, up to now, I feel my experience of life suggests that doing what you think is the right thing, often pays out, every which way...

It won't make you comfortable, or easy, or financially secure. It doesn't always pay the rent, or please the dole, or make your relationships with friends, lovers and family easy. It won't put a new Ford Zafira in your garage every 3 years, or get you knighted, or even ensure you are loved - but it builds a good and memorable life..

And that's all I want...

No comments: