Monday 9 June 2008

THERE’S SOMETHING WHOLLY JOYFUL....(pt2)


Current mood: A WARM UP NOTE FROM FISH ISLAND....
Category: A WARM UP NOTE FROM FISH ISLAND.... Music



I say I hate artists, but I most certainly don't hate My Official Artist and I also like the idea of this new exhibition by The Chapman Brothers.

Yes boss,
I've never much liked the Chapman Brothers work, but this time I really think they've nailed a couple of things that at the very least made me smile..


Firstly, they've gone and remade their piece 'Hell'

The original sculpture they entitled 'Hell' was destroyed by fire when the
Momart Art Storage Facility in East London went up in smoke in 2004.

As if 'Hell' burning wasn't a good enough joke in itself, they've now rebuilt 'Hell' and named this new version 'Fucking Hell'




Secondly, they've spent £115,000 on buying a bunch of Hitlers watercolours (Hitler used to be an artist, he then moved into dictatorship - funny that)

They've then gone and painted Rainbows and the like, on top of these Hitler originals and called the collected works

'If Hitler Had Been a Hippy How Happy Would We Be'

They're on the market for about £680,000

HOW FUCKING BRILLIANTLY TRITE IS THAT???!!!


No comments: