Monday 9 June 2008

NEIGHBOURHOOD SMITH....


Current mood: TV WEEVEE
Category: TV WEEVEE Music




'Things like Big Brother I find very strange. Why should anyone want to watch somebody asleep at night? Now that's wierd.

They asked me to replace Johnny Rotten on I'm a Celebrity get Me Out Of Here. I'd never dream of doing anything like that. He must have been seriously broke to have even considered it. But that's his business. Programmes like that remind me of wartime Russia when they'd make so-called subversive artists dig holes and plough fields. It's very sad: every year a certain time we get to have a laugh at celebrities who are skint or desperate or just simply mad. The worst part about it is that kids watch it; that's the last thing I'd be doing as a kid. I would never have dreamed of wasting my time like that. Though I must confess I sometimes do it now, spend days watching the TV knowing I should be getting on with something else - it gets like a drug. I remember one year when I watched nothing but Dallas - it was great. JR: fantastic. Didn't mind Dynasty either. Me and Elena like Neighbours as well; Doctor Carl, he's great. I particularly liked that band he had at one stage. Good band: good TV.'

Taken from Renegade: The Lives & Tales Of Mark E Smith By Mark E Smith


No comments: