Wednesday 18 June 2008

THE NEW GIOVAN HQ....


Current mood: MOVING ON FEELING STRONG....
Category: MOVING ON FEELING STRONG.... Goals, Plans, Hopes



Well shit, I've come back from Scotland refreshed, and as if by magic I've lost all interest in music writing and musical promotions...

Yes boss, I'm still listening to SOUNDZ by the complete earful, but I've completely lost that desire to be involved in the whole rock 'n' roll business....

After all that sun and sea and solid old rock, it seems thoroughly silly...

I mean, here we are about to dive headlong into a period of dead old economic uncertainty and I'm setting my stall out to work in a luxury business that's been in a complete and utter state of financial fucking turmoil for the last 5 years or so....

MADNESS!!!! ABSOLUTE FUCKING MADNESS!!!!!!


So, where does this leave you and The PGC in general?? I hear you ask

Well, I figure the next Giovan move therefore has to be into something far more wholesome and satisfying.

I'm thinking: Fish, Basic Agriculture, Weaving, Tidal Power, that kind of thing...

Something good and base.

Something useful.

Something I can put my hands on and smell rather than ethereal notions of talent and musical pop prowess...


Which is fortunate timing, because when I was wandering about up north, I was introduced to the perfect location for a new Giovan-HQ which is exceptionally well placed for all such activities and extrememly badly placed for anything to do with the music business....

Yes boss, Fish Island is all very well and good, but with all this Olympic action going on, The Island is getting a touch noisey, and besides, I'm really fucking tired of the city...

So here we go with an overview of what and where I'm thinking of moving to next..


This is the location from the sky.

The plot is accessible only by foot or by boat. The nearest road is around 3 miles away. There's no mobile phone reception, let alone internet, I'll be sending messages in and out on birds legs at best..



B marks he location of the base as shown in the previous batch of holiday snaps
X marks the location of the proposed building plot
(The whole peninsular looks a lot like a dogs head - this can only be a good thing)

Here are a few shots from the ground

This is the main building plot, looking back inland and then forwards out to sea





The HQ will be on this here patch of grass, the staff cottages can just about be seen to the left and right....

Here they are as they now stand



These staff cottages need doing up a bit.

Obviously, I'm far too important to doing any of this building work myself. I will only be responsible for issuing finnerkety detail instructions and comment on the decoration as and when I take a break from mending my fishing nets etc


So, having scouted out the plot, the next step is to work out the basic design of the HQ

I've therefore just instructed my Official Artist to knock up an artists impression of how the PG£ building will itself look, and here is what she's come up with...



Whaddaya reckon???

No comments: