Monday 9 June 2008

THERE’S SOMETHING WHOLLY JOYFUL....(pt1)


Current mood: ISN’T IT JUST...
Category: ISN’T IT JUST... Art and Photography



I had a big list and it's gone...


Well, I can start by saying I went to that alleged situationsist art music thing
in Clapham yesterday night..


Before that, I met up with Madeleine
from Australia, at a Private View at The Amuti Gallery.

Madeleine writes an excellent blog,
and the art show was called Warhol is Over If You Want It.


I don't want Warhol to be Over - I like Warhol.

Warhol knew how to work, and his book The Philosophy of Andy Warhol From A to B and Back Again is a masterpiece (all the better because he got other people to write it for him....)


The anti-Warhol art show was made by a guy called Simon Thompson.

Thompson used to be a city banker, but then he quit and started making clever art...


I wish I'd have fucking well thought of that....

MAKE A FUCKING GREAT BIG STASH OF CASH BEING A PROFESSIONAL CUNT AND THEN START PRINTING CLEVER BOLLOCKS PICTURES AND CALL MYSELF AN ARTIST!!!!


FUCKING HELL, I HATE ARTISTS!!!

ARTISTS REALLY ARE CUNTS!!!!


So, I've decided that I'm an artist now...

I have 2 works in progress

23 REAL LPS

&

100 vacuos works

More details will follow..



Anyway, The Situationist thing was pure crap.

It was a winebar pub railway arch behind the tube stop.

Soon after settling there, Madeleine pointed out a sign that said

'Over 21s only (since when has Clapham been in The USA?!?) No Caps & No Tracksuits'

I'm wearing a cap and a tracksuit.


Well, they didn't enforce the bylaw, but the music was awful and distorted and the night struck me as being an allround Situationist disaster...


'REBELLIOUS YOUTH CULTURE REALLY IS OVER' I yelled at Madeleine above the din of a bad turn of the 90's grunge copy band

'YES IT IS, BUT WHAT'S GONNA REPLACE IT???' She yelled back

'I'VE NO IDEA!!!!'


No comments: