Wednesday 18 June 2008

CASA HASA GIOVANNA EPISODE 6 THE INTERVIEW


Current mood: MUCH MORE INFORMATION...
Category: MUCH MORE INFORMATION... Music




Well, whilst I was away sunning and slumming it in Scotland, My Official Short Clone has been very busy here on Fish Island.



Yes boss, the short bastard complained and whined like a fool when I left him behind with little food and absolutely no fucking booze..

'Please take me boss!!! I want to come and see the Scotland too!!!' He hollered 'You never let me off of Fish Island!! YOU TREAT ME LIKE SHIT!!!! WHEN AM I GONNA JOIN THE BIG TIME LIKE YOU AND TRAVEL THE WORLD IN LUXURY LIKE YOU SAY YOU DO?!? I WANT A LIMO TOURBUS TOO!?'

'SHUT UP AND DO YOUR FUCKING INTERVIEWS!!!!' I YELLED BACK...

And so it transpired that I left the short one to continue do my dirty work, and dirty work he's done: including a whole batch of new interviews with The PGC staff...




I never ever shout at My Official Artist for the simple reason that she's the most efficient person in the entire PG£ organisation and I know how to manage staff!!!

HELL YES!!! BE NICE TO THOSE WHO DO YOU GOOD AND SHIT IN THE LETTERBOXES OF THOSE WHO CROSS YOU!!!! Is what my Grandma always used to say and I've always followed that advice to the letter...

So, whilst I've been pretending to be a manly explorer, The OA has done more sterling work and bits of it can be seen below and on the soon to be re-released staff page over on www.paulgiovanni.com...




So, the crux of what I'm saying here, is you can take the dickhead out of the PGC for a few days, but the wheels keep on turning and here we now go with a part of the result of last weeks work....



Official Short Clone Interviews No 2
The Official Clone Interviews The Official Tipster & Diary Planner



Firstly, please tell the readers a little about what your job as Official Tipster to Paul Giovanni £rd consists of??

My job consists of confronting, confounding, confessing and conning Paul Giovanni £rd.


Where does working for the PGC AKA The FMC rank in terms of your life achievements??

Annotated Rankings:

11) Seeing Vanilla Ice in my hometown
12) Working for the PGC
13) Ordering 'extra cheese' on the Domino's Pizza "Triple Cheese-Burst" pizza (Godfather with the meat toppings removed, thank you).


Is Paul Giovanni £rd a cunt??

Well, if I was feeling less generous I would offer the observation my father stunned me with at age 13: "He's a cunt. Actually, no he's not. A cunt's useful". I'm sure PG is useful, so perhaps.


What are your 5 best tips at this point in time??

2) Lee Scratch Perry's new album (produced by God himself, Andrew WK)
3) Midnight Juggernauts' constant march towards world domination.
4) The coalescning of the emo kids as a political force to be reckoned with, galvanized by NME's blatant attempt to bring My Chemical Romance 'down'.
5) Arm yourself to the teeth. Some crazy shit's coming.


Onto the podcast...That's a rather furious start and quite a few other rampant tracks, I'm guessing your more angry than boring???

Oh, no, not really. I suppose I have a temper, but not really angry. I used to be. Now I veer towards apathy. Middle-age is looming ever closer, you know. The strident political aims of my youth have given way to a growing distrust of the young. That said, I do enjoy angry music.


What are you angry about???

I'm angry about the stupidity of those around me. That never fails to raise my ire.


What's with the
Crystal Castles
??? You talk about Portishead being unlikely to break through if thier current record was their first because of the image obsession of todays A&R men. CC's strikle me as being just the kind of marketed rebellion that marks the music biz out as being so fake nowadays..

Well, with Crystal Castles, I haven't really seen it. I discovered them on my own terms and have been oblivious to any hype. I suppose they're kind of a 'cool' band to be into if you're fashion conscious, but I don't really run in those scenes so it doesn't affect me such.

As for 'fake', i kinda don't mind that so much as I get older. I used to hold lofty ideals of authenticity in art, but I realise that that's probably rarely been the case. Plus, in my studies, the postmodernists have had a good effect on me in realising that spectacle and such are ok...


Why has Australia gone Electro???

Yeah, it's interesting that. I guess we've had a really strong rock scene for decades and some kids are defining their identity in opposition to that. Middle-class consumption and all... Genealogically, I could probably blame Madison Avenue's success abroad, and the influence a generation .. Daft Punk and the like started kicking goals over here. I mean, the Daft Punk concert last year was of similar size to the Big Day Out festivals we have; same arena (the showgrounds where we had the olympics in 2000) and an all day affair. It was just massive. And i guess, structurally speaking, technology's cheaper, kids have more money, it's more likely that someone's gonna bash out some tunes on some hacked software on the computer they already have, rather than go out and buy a guitar and amp.


Does
The E.L.F
work for Osama??

Osama does his promo.


So Sepultura's
Cavalera brothers
are back. They've gotta reform Sepultura at some point surely?? Do bands ever actually split up nowadays??

Well, I dunno about Sepultura... I think the drummer, Igor, had a falling out with the remaining members. But maybe, every other bloody band's reforming. And i note that there's a big nostalgia trip in bands playing an entire album from early in their career:

Sonic Youth just toured 'Daydream Nation', Helmet just played their 'Meantime' album, there's some others that I can't recall but saw advertised recently... Maybe they split up but their accountants advise them to give it another go.


Have you ever seen Iron Maiden play???

No, I never really got into Iron Maiden. I saw Metallica play during the Black Album tour. That was pretty 'rock'... Turned me off them, actually... hark's back to that authenticity thing, I thought they were amazing and then they were wankers. Vanilla Ice's show was pure Spinal Tap, blow up devil and all.


You've managed to get a few tracks on here by acts I don't like. CC being one and
Portishead
another.

I like them.


Shouldn't
Portishead
produce something a little more upbeat if only to prove that they don't wake up wanting to kill themselves every morning???

Well, I think it's the same misconception that follows Leonard Cohen. I mean, everyone laughs that a razor-blade should come with his albums, but I don't see it that way. I've never listened to Leonard, or Portishead and though it sounded miserable, or because I was miserable... I've found a dark upbeatedness there, like watching League of Gentlemen maybe...

I always figured
Portishead
as some kind of pastiche of old film-scores and such maybe, with some wicked hip-hop undertones. So, yeah, I just don't get that miserable thing... That said, I am decidedly not British, so I don't have the monopoly on things miserable.






CLICK THE ABOVE PICTURE TO STREAM AND/OR DOWNLOAD THE MIX!!

No comments: