Saturday 30 June 2007

A TRAVESTY....


Current mood: COMPOSED
Category: COMPOSED Music



So, I did that 5 most important songs thing a few days ago and as i was writing up my reasons, I realised i'd left off one very important one...

It's strange how time and vast quantities of booze and pot erase ones memory...

Anyway, this evening I stumbled upon the video to the self same song and realised this was probably the most important song of my life..

I first saw this video and then got into this band, and since then I've never once seen this vid again, though i know the track back to front and inside out...

'You Can't Bring Me Down'
By Suicidal Tendencies.

This was a hugely important song for me between the ages of 16 and 19. At that time, I was getting thrown about on construction sites and spending time in police cells and this was the song in my head helping me to deal with what was something a good Methodist boy was far from used too.....

It's also a true megalomaniacs charter

So here we go - the real number 1 track for the young Giovanni

'You Can't Bring Me Down'
By Suicidal Tendencies







I think it explains a lot...

Currently listening :
Lights...Camera...Revolution!
By Suicidal Tendencies
Release date: By 15 June, 1990

23:03 - 8 Comments - 6 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

Eric EXiT

Wicked awesome. Y'know its kind of amazing that I always loved the self-titled album so much that I never picked up LCR. Clearly that will have to be remedied.

My own personal punk rock break-through/ break-out album was Dead Kennedys "Give Me Convenience..." That first Suicidal album was right in there too though, thanks for reminding me (and reminding me to get LCR.")

Fight the power.

-E

Posted by Eric EXiT on Monday, June 25, 2007 at 00:08
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Paul GIOVANNI 3RD a.k.a The Pop Pope

I was listening to the first album tonight because i found i didn't have LCR?????

ST is another great record...

And what a brilliant title LIGHTS CAMERA REVOLUTION is....

Perfect for how things are now, except maybe it should be LIGHTS. MAKEUP, LIGHTS. MAKEUP, CAMERA, PAUSE, MORE MAKE UP, MORE FUCKING MAKE UP!!!, BOOB JOB, SMILE!!!!!!!!!!!!! REVOLUTION - (when the commercials are on)....

I'm downloading it now...

I don't know too much of the Dead Kens, I'll get some of that downloaded too....

Posted by Paul GIOVANNI 3RD a.k.a The Pop Pope on Monday, June 25, 2007 at 00:18
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Eric EXiT

Wicked awesome. Y'know its kind of amazing that I always loved the self-titled album so much that I never picked up LCR. Clearly that will have to be remedied.

My own personal punk rock break-through/ break-out album was Dead Kennedys "Give Me Convenience..." That first Suicidal album was right in there too though, thanks for reminding me (and reminding me to get LCR.")

Fight the power.

-E

Posted by Eric EXiT on Monday, June 25, 2007 at 00:09
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Paul GIOVANNI 3RD a.k.a The Pop Pope

Ditto...

Posted by Paul GIOVANNI 3RD a.k.a The Pop Pope on Monday, June 25, 2007 at 00:41
[Remove] [Reply to this]


LeDou©he™

"Who the hell you calling crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson
...was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

i had this on tape at least 10 times. gone are the days of listening to an album so much that it gets worn out .


it's also funny because i've been rocking out ST's 1st record. what an underrated band. their punk was very punk and their metal, very metal.

Posted by LeDou©he™ on Monday, June 25, 2007 at 16:34
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Paul GIOVANNI 3RD a.k.a The Pop Pope

A classic band featuring some of the best lyrics to ever come out of such heavy sounds..

I think they danced nicely inbetween genres. They were never clearly one thing or another and I loved the way Mr Muir never gave a flying fuck about who he annoyed...

All of their LPs have their merits, but my favourites would be LCR, Suicidal Tendencies & The Art Of Rebellion..

Posted by Paul GIOVANNI 3RD a.k.a The Pop Pope on Monday, June 25, 2007 at 19:35
[Remove] [Reply to this]


piratepods

u gOOd...v. gOOd

Posted by piratepods on Monday, June 25, 2007 at 19:25
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Paul GIOVANNI 3RD a.k.a The Pop Pope

yES, YOU'RE RIGHT...

Posted by Paul GIOVANNI 3RD a.k.a The Pop Pope on Saturday, June 30, 2007 at 16:59
[Remove] [Reply to this]

No comments: