Saturday 9 June 2007

CASH CONVERTERS


Current mood: BUOYANT
Category: BUOYANT Music



So, I had to go The Money Shop today to cash a check because i couldn't be doing with waiting for 3 days for it to clear and i accidently ended up in
Cash Converters...

I used to rely on Cash Converters to buy cds. I've had gems from one and more of their various branches over the years. I've bought Selected Ambient Works II, Jimi at Woodstock, Stereo Sushi, Acetone and many others i can't remember - All told some pretty important albums in my musical development..

But these last few years, I've steered clear. I think mostly because the previous few times to then I'd never found much of worth...

So, today it was incredible - They've got someones whole collection of 80's 12" vinyl, and anothers 12" techno collection scratched and djayed to fuck...

I picked up this haul...

Madonna - Wild Dancing 12" (some pre-fame wierd track produced by a man called Otto Von Werherr)

Disco 2000 - Uptight 12" (KLF before the KLF were the KLF. It sounds a little like Frankie Goes to H x Pet Shop Boys x Spice Girls and The KLF. This is worth the cost of the sum total of today now, let alone when everyone gets hungry for KLF rare vinyl)

Chic - Jack Le Freak 12" (Chic le fucking freak)

Deee-Lite - Power of Love 12" (Brillantino)

Madonna - Gambler 12" (Would be completely ignored and shit without the name and indeed it is ignorable and pretty well shit)

Madonna - Angel 12" (Haven't heard this yet)

Pet Shop Boys - Rent 12" (Class)

User #3 - ????? (The label says 'We are the whores of pop music. We are the hypocrites of Pop Music, We are the Holy Cows of Pop Music, POP POP POP POP POPMUSIC)

Octave One - Dissident 12" (430 west - Scartched to fuck, but bound to be worth it)

The Darkness - Permission To Land CDLP (Keep trying to get a good download copy of 'I Believe In A Thing Called Love' But there always shit, so i've indulged the LP

99p a hit..

If anyone has any requests, I'll do wheel and deals..
.



Currently listening :
Kimono My House
By Sparks
Release date: By 11 August, 1994

01:14 - 1 Comments - 4 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

Madam Paloma, Queen of the Pirates

nice!

hmmm...i'll trade the unused part of my brain for the madonna and deee-lite...

Posted by Madam Paloma, Queen of the Pirates on Thursday, June 07, 2007 at 15:50
[Remove] [Reply to this]

No comments: