Tuesday 26 June 2007

THIS WEEKS HITS :: WEEK ENDLING JUNE 22ND 2007


Current mood: MORED
Category: MORED Music



2 days late, but here we are once again with this weeks hits...

Those of you who've been here before will know that these picks have nothing to do with time and release dates. They simply refer to the music I've found and been enjoying this last little while..

So, lets start with the new


THE NEW

The first act are
Colossus...

I'm more or less certain this band will polarise opinon. We're talking hard edged rock with a vocal delivery that's close to unique. Frontman John 'Spider Fingers' Clay informs me they have 30 LPs of material, 6 of which are recorded...The very least i predict for this band is a big and very dedicated cult following.

Clinker are interesting as are
The Kazoo Funk Orchestra in fact this second lot are VERY interesting...

As I've said before, my
ex-wifes taste tends to lean towards the anglophonic, but Ferraby Lionheart is American and I like his songs a great deal..

Lastly, you know I rattle on about they came from the stars i saw them most weeks. This week, why not check out bass player
Sculptures new remix page..


THE STAPLES

The Art Of Noise (quite possibly the most underated and important band of the late 80s) have been taking up a lot of my time this last week. That much of their material still sounds fresh today says it all...

Herbie Hancock - In particular the LP Lit Me Up

Philip Glass still impresses me everytime either with the beauty or because his music has the ability to send one mad ...

Diana Ross

The Gossip appear to be musically one dimensional and completely uninteresting, though I love the attitude and guts of Beth Ditto

Is Whitney Houston ever gonna comeback??

Detroit Grand Pubahs



LIVE

I've covered the two gigs I saw this last week with their own pieces in this ere blog. There is therefore not a hell of a lot to add..

I don't have any LIVE plans this week, so if you know where I should be going message me..


AND THAT WILL BE THAT...

Currently listening :
In No Sense? Nonsense!
By The Art of Noise
Release date: By 01 January, 1987

10:12 - 8 Comments - 5 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

Paloma Pirate

Julian Velard, who I interviewed a while back, will be in London next month. I have never seen him live but enjoy his recorded stuff... http://www.myspace.com/julianvelard You'll probably hate him, but then again you might like his piano pop...i just think he's cute because he has curly hair and is very New York.

oh, and your kazoo funk orchestra link is bad (who's your editor? you should shout at them!!)

Posted by Paloma Pirate on Friday, June 22, 2007 at 16:01
[Remove] [Reply to this]


The Paul Giovanni Music Blog...

Why is curly hair cute??

Why do curly haired rockstars = love magnet??

Posted by The Paul Giovanni Music Blog... on Friday, June 22, 2007 at 19:29
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Paloma Pirate

what?
it is just a law of nature.
because it is messy and it just looks hot. i also like to run my fingers through it (or at least daydream about running my fingers through it)

Posted by Paloma Pirate on Friday, June 22, 2007 at 20:00
[Remove] [Reply to this]


The Paul Giovanni Music Blog...

OI EDITOR!!!! I'VE FIXED THE FUCKING LINK!!!!

Posted by The Paul Giovanni Music Blog... on Friday, June 22, 2007 at 19:28
[Remove] [Reply to this]


michelle

yes... ferraby is amazing- he is one poetic fucker, let me tell you. i've had the privelege of seeing him live multiple times & he has never let me down.

Posted by michelle on Friday, June 22, 2007 at 19:08
[Remove] [Reply to this]


The Paul Giovanni Music Blog...

Does he have any English Ancestry??

Posted by The Paul Giovanni Music Blog... on Friday, June 22, 2007 at 19:30
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Clinker

Thanks for the big up!

Respect to you

Pete

Posted by Clinker on Friday, June 22, 2007 at 19:39
[Remove] [Reply to this]


The Paul Giovanni Music Blog...

God I'm POPULAR and loved by millions!!!!!

Posted by The Paul Giovanni Music Blog... on Friday, June 22, 2007 at 19:46
[Remove] [Reply to this]

No comments: