Friday 8 June 2007

ITALIAN POP VIDEOS


Current mood: COMPLETELY UNSURE
Category: COMPLETELY UNSURE Music




This Battiato track is growing on me and I love the stage set - It's Eurovision 1984...



Battiato also sings in Spanish, so i imagine he sells well in Spain too...



This is a more recent number - it's about stress and anxiety attacks. I believe he's singing with the singer Tricky used to replace Martina Topley Bird on his last LP 'Vulnerable'



This is the Italian Kate Bush..



And this is the sound of the summer of 2007 - another great stage set and an excellent dancing crab, but otherwise....mmmm

Any opinions??


Currently listening :
Remasterpiece
By Franco Battiato
Release date: By 07 October, 2004

20:28 - 13 Comments - 6 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

Janna

Matia Bazar's song isa really fantastic,actually one of my favourites and i like daniele silvestri too,his older stuff are much better

Posted by Janna on Wednesday, June 06, 2007 at 21:05
[Remove] [Reply to this]


The Paul Giovanni Music Blog...

Yes. I think that one is OK. I had to check the Kate Bush dates incase Bush had stolen her delivery and style, but it seems Bush was there first...Have you got any good leads for contemporary Italian (or Greek) music, anything a little more edgey and experimental??

Posted by The Paul Giovanni Music Blog... on Wednesday, June 06, 2007 at 21:31
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Janna

untill this autumn i thought that greek music scene was completely crap,because whenever i am going to greece i am going to bars with no greek music (and in my town there are more than hundred bars and only two put the music that i like all the others in a certain point of the evening put greek commercial stuff that i really hate.but most of the people love.for me is the decadence.i know i sound snob but growing up in a family where my dad used to put cassettes in the stereo of the car of the pink floyd or the beatles or the rolling stones just made it impossible for me to listen to this contemporary shit.)But when this autumn i started to understand how myspace works i found so many greek bands,most of them play electronic music but still really good music.And also with english lyrics and that's very important for my ears. :)
As far as the italians concern,well there are many new bands that play good music but they'll never become famous in italy if the lyrics are in english.i can't understand why.some other old artists though that i really used to like when i first came here were Pino daniele,adriano celentano.Especially the first albums of pino daniele that he used to sing in dialect.i really loved them.

Posted by Janna on Thursday, June 07, 2007 at 07:40
[Remove] [Reply to this]


stephen

you should add joe dolce to your list

Posted by stephen on Wednesday, June 06, 2007 at 21:24
[Remove] [Reply to this]


The Paul Giovanni Music Blog...

Aha! I thought this one would come into play...
The question is: Is it racist?? Or a bit of fun the like of which destroys racism?? This sort of a question always seems to depend on the racial group in question as far as i can see.
I think Italians would laugh at the idea of it being racist....
Jesus, I've got all very serious all of a sudden....

Posted by The Paul Giovanni Music Blog... on Wednesday, June 06, 2007 at 21:40
[Remove] [Reply to this]


stephen

well, i think it probably is racist... but helped here in changing people's perceptions of italians... we aussies seem to have a strange knack of being highly suspicious of anyone that can't or refuses to take the piss out of themselves... so i suppose seeing someone like mr. dolce bringing himself down to our level helped pave the way for fruitful italio-aussie relations...

actually, it is racist. god bless him. we aussies seem to like racists.

Posted by stephen on Wednesday, June 06, 2007 at 22:22
[Remove] [Reply to this]


The Paul Giovanni Music Blog...

I think this sort of thing opens the door and humour always helps people to love one another...
It's like the whole Borat thing. More than anything else it's probably helped put Kazakstan on the map and i think after initially reacting in the 'it's mean and racist' way Kazakstan has found the advantage to it all...

I think more or less everyone likes a racist - secretly of course (and providing they're not racist against their race or preferred races)....I don't mean serious and nasty bottle throwing skinhead racists, but the more subtle poking fun at easy target racists. Humans are pretty nasty creatures all told, but aren't all creatures - even the cute and furry ones??

I mean cats are evil, vicious, selfish little shits, but everyone loves them...

Posted by The Paul Giovanni Music Blog... on Wednesday, June 06, 2007 at 22:39
[Remove] [Reply to this]


La Paloma, Queen of the Pirates

Holy Shit!...I just realized I SAW Costanza Francavilla last night (im not kidding)...This the one who sings for Tricky? OK I did not really watch the show...I listened from the pation...so I don't have an opinion. Was busy having a conversation with my friend who opened for her...(What? was I having a conversation/social interaction and not terrified?) Did I miss something good?

Posted by La Paloma, Queen of the Pirates on Wednesday, June 06, 2007 at 21:44
[Remove] [Reply to this]


The Paul Giovanni Music Blog...

I've just being trying to establish if she is on that Battiato track and i'm not sure she is, though the vocal is very similar...I thought she was fine on the Tricky LP, but she seemed to be a carbon copy of Martina Topley Bird..
I can't believe you were having a real life social interaction or that you have friends...I'm very disappointed in you...

Posted by The Paul Giovanni Music Blog... on Wednesday, June 06, 2007 at 21:56
[Remove] [Reply to this]


La Paloma, Queen of the Pirates

patio. not pation. what the fuck is a pation? one of my typos, that's what.

Posted by La Paloma, Queen of the Pirates on Wednesday, June 06, 2007 at 21:47
[Remove] [Reply to this]


The Paul Giovanni Music Blog...

So, how did she sound from the pation?? Or were you too busy talking???? I hate people talking during gigs....

Posted by The Paul Giovanni Music Blog... on Wednesday, June 06, 2007 at 22:48
[Remove] [Reply to this]


La Paloma, Queen of the Pirates

she must not have been very good, then. she drove me to TALK!

Posted by La Paloma, Queen of the Pirates on Wednesday, June 06, 2007 at 23:45
[Remove] [Reply to this]


The Paul Giovanni Music Blog...

A female vocalist on her own has to be pretty special to be unignorable these days...

I had the impression the thing with her and Tricky was as much sex as anything else...

Are you offering me that brain by the way?? I'll take it for 30% + Image rights...

Posted by The Paul Giovanni Music Blog... on Thursday, June 07, 2007 at 00:00
[Remove] [Reply to this]

No comments: