Friday 2 January 2009

It’s all in the gills Pt1


Current mood: SMELLS LIKE....
Category: SMELLS LIKE.... Food and Restaurants



So....

We went shopping to Sainsburys in Whitechapel in order to get in a large number of supplies to feed the in laws who are arriving from Italy tomorrow in order to aid the last weeks of pregnancy and the first weeks of childhood ...


Now, as you might have guessed, I have history with Sainsburys in Whitechapel...

Yes boss, apart form the fact I used to shop there every week, the first extras job I had in film was in a film called Cashback...

Originally made as a short film (which after being was somehow nominated for Best Short Film in the 2005 Oscars)
Cashback is about the life and times of bored in their own lunchtime checkout staff at a Sainsburys supermarket - which was filmed in the now reconditioned Whietchapel Sainsburys...




My greatest moment in this film is when Michelle Ryan (THE BIONIC WOMAN!!) repestedly wrote her phone number on my hand....

Yes boss, to cut a long story short, the third day I did on that film was at Pinewood Studios and it was all about redoing and correcting the bodged scenes..

One such bodged scene comprised of the phone number writing, and because they didn't want to pay, or couldn't get the main actor on whose hands she was writing, they used the 'extra' with the nearest rearside similarity - which was me...

You can find the scene less a minute or so into this lovely montage..

YES BOSS, THE FIGURE ALL THOSE TEENAGE BOYS DREAM IS THEM (SHE'S GIVING ME HER NUMBER!!!!) IN THIS CLIP IS ME PAUL PIOUS JAMES DEMAN GIOVANNI £RD!!!!

(PS: This is the one and only time any coldplay music will feature on this blog...)



(HELL!!! If you're really anal, you can see another splash of my FIMLMIC ASS IN BETWEEN minutes 4.32 AND 4.32.3... I'm in A RED CAP IN THE BACKGROUND loitering next to THE ACTOR MOST RECENTLY KNOWN AS R WAYNE!!!)




But all of this has nothing to do with today...

No boss, today, I was walking around Sainsburys thinking about wine....


I checked the papers and noticed that Simon Cowell appeared to have created a family overnight with his ex Sinitta....

I then checked the bargain section...

And it was there that i fell in love....


Yes boss, I found a full Salmon for £7.00






Currently watching :
Cashback
Release date: 2007-07-24

No comments: