Wednesday 31 October 2007

PROOF IN THE WAIT...


Current mood: OH JESUS...
Category: OH JESUS... Music



Well shit, I've been listening to this 2 track promo for the 2002 Druqs album by The Aphex Twin.

The tracks are:

53 CYMRU BEATS - ARGONAUT MIX
COCK 10 - DELCO FREEDOM MIX

oh my, oh fucking my!

Show me a better command of electronic speed emotion....??



Currently listening :
Drukqs
By Aphex Twin
Release date: By 06 November, 2001

22:10 - 8 Comments - 6 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

DANX GROD!

I just listened to those two tracks (I have the album, but it has been a while since I heard it).

Richard is very good, isn't he?

I got to see him live once, and he performed while laying down on a couch/bed.

Great show.

As for electronic speed emotion, how about squarepusher?

(That is a guess, since I don't know actually what electronic speed emotion is.)

Cheers!

Posted by DANX GROD! on Friday, October 05, 2007 at 01:45
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

He's got a gut full of talent...

I've seen him a few times and he's never been arsed - one time he lay on the floor and handed the records to Mike Dred to play for him...

There's this bit in Cock 10 about 5.30m in which is an illustration of frustration emotion. It gets more and more frantic and then levels off and drops out - if you could take a picture of what it's like when you're trying too hard that would be it...

p)

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Friday, October 05, 2007 at 01:50
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Machine Boy

squarepusher hard normal daddy........probably THE best electro (albeit jazz grooved) album of ALL TIME !!!............fekkin awesome !!

Dean ;-)
www.machineboy.co.uk
www.tenboy.co.uk

Posted by Machine Boy on Friday, October 05, 2007 at 09:29
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Squarepusher is always interesting...

My favourite tarck of his is My Red Hot Car...

I've played that hundreds and hundreds of times

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Friday, October 05, 2007 at 12:04
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Clinker

Hard Normal Daddy is fucking brilliant. I always used to try and talk Jazz people into drum and bass...then that came out and its a perfect Jazz/D&B crossover.

When I saw Aphex Twin, he played from inside a Wendy House (Kids plastic play house thing) and had 2 people dressed as Teddy Bears having a pillow fight on stage. Occasionally He popped his head up grinning with a big fat cigar between his teeth. It was mental and what with the druqs consumed, VERY disorientating. It was around the time of the "Richard D James" album (probably my favourite).

My other experience was where he was supposed to come and play a soundtrack to a classic silent film live. Music he'd written especially for it. Everyone was sitting waiting, then the promoter came on stage saying he'd just had a call from Richard who said "he hadn't done it". I'm sure that is exactly what he said. Then the promoter said "Basically he's a cunt!".
Instead they played Aphex videos, mostly the ambient stuff, though I didn't watch much of it. My mates stayed for the lot, but I just kept going outside and smoking spliffs instead.

Posted by Clinker on Friday, October 05, 2007 at 11:27
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Yes, I get the impression the twin is a bit of a cunt.

I can well imagine he said just that as well - the promoter must have wanted to punch him - he probably still does...!!

Every time I've seen the Twin play he's been not that arsed with it...

At the third Deadbeat weekender he wanted to play for the entire weekend nonstop or nothing. The promoters said no...

Thing is the Twin's in that wonderful position where he can do exactly what he wants, not give a fuck and still be loved...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Friday, October 05, 2007 at 12:02
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Clinker

Yea he's like the Chris Morris of the dance culture I suppose.

I also know someone who knew him in his Cornwall days, who says he was a right wanker, but I suppose people would say that if you choose to drive around town in a tank. Mental.

I don't care as long as the musics good. There's loads of wankers who make good music.

Posted by Clinker on Friday, October 05, 2007 at 15:18
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Yeah...

I think to be a visionary of anykind, you have to be completely selfish and back yourself regardless of who you offend - if you're anything else you compromise...

These tracks for me are simply outstanding pieces of work. He's outrageously talented..

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Friday, October 05, 2007 at 15:24
[Remove] [Reply to this]

No comments: