Saturday 14 April 2007

THIS WEEKS HITS – WEEK ALMOST ENDING 12TH OF APRIL 2007


Current mood: SWEATY IN MY NEW ORIENT SHIRT
Category: SWEATY IN MY NEW ORIENT SHIRT Music



OK...Here we go again with the pics of the week, which will, I think, be rather more brief than some previous editions on account of me not having much to say...


MINT FRESH

Despite my best efforts, I only have a couple of brand new recomendations this week. This state of affairs is doubly odd because both of these came to me rather than me finding them....

The first is Left Orbit Temple This is the type of band I like: One that's impossible to describe or classify: One with ideas that follow themselves and not a cliche or a CMMMONN!!!! in sight....Go and check their page and buy their album...

Secondly, after having to complete one or two rather more cynical reviews this last week I'm very happy to get a little joyful about something and Thomas is it.

It took me a while to work out whether this spritely work was genius or a joke: I've decided on the former. What we're looking at is basically jolly organ numbers (the like of which you might normally buy on compilations called 'Mighty Hammond') with some kind of fervent disco energy verve. I like it...



THE STAPLE DIET

Well, I'm still working through the archive in an effort to know exactly what it is I've got and what I can do to best display it. This means lot's of tracks are getting played, but none any more than others, so once again there's not too much to add in here...


LIVE

I saw 3 different nights last week.

The first was ADVENTURES IN THE BEETROOT FIELD at Fabric on which I've already written a full piece...

The second was the BOSH! night at the Old Blue Last featuring Bono Must Die

For an old boozer than would have most likely been very close to empty of an evening 15 years ago, the Old Blue Last looks to be in fine shape as a venue in 2007 and was completely rammed full of people on Friday night.

I can't say I was overwhelmed by any of the music I heard, but I can confirm that the front man of Bono Must Die is the best looking front man since Hendrix - in fact he looks a little bit like Hendrix...

Well, I'm gonna see them again this week to do an interview, so if i'm in a more normal mood I'll try and report a little more accurately on the music etc..

The third in 3 was The Frink Music night at the New Cross Inn.

This was most memorable for me on account of my DJaying performance at 3am...I'll go into that below, meanwhile I'll say that Junk Planet 2 played a very fine set indeed. I saw them play a couple of months ago and wasn't quite convinced, but this time the wind was blowing in all the right directions, so make sure you get along and see them sometime soon..


MIXES

I have to give myself a prize this week, but i'm not doing my usual boasting. No this prize is for producing quite possibly the worst DJ performance of recent times. Yes boss, in the early hours of the professed anniversary of Christs Rising I perfromed so badly on the decks that I had an endless queue of worried advisors telling me how to press PLAY.

If i'd have been badly cueing anything other than crowd pleasers I'd have most likely taken Christs place on the friggin cross - it was that bad...

Well, I'll be back motherfuckers! And next time I'm not only going to practice, I'm gonna employ a personal bouncer to keep all you expert DJs on the dance floor and away from the friggin booth...(ADVERT:: if any of you are 6ft 9 high and 4 ft wide and want that job let me know)

OK>>>>THAT'S IT!!





Currently listening :
Club Mix 2002
By Various Artists
Release date: By 05 February, 2002

No comments: