Wednesday 25 April 2007

AND HERE WE GO WITH SOME MORE IDEAS AND QUESTIONS AND MORE X FACTOR


Category: Music



Right...Now it's time for odds and sods and then i'll hopefully return to more clever and constructive reviews starting with a
Marcelo Radulovich trebble bill review...

So, first of all, I'm thinking of moving to Detroit because i hear you can buy a house for less than the price of a car....

Now I know Motor City is all run down 'n that, but there's some great music coming out of there, as there has been since the place was created, so why the hell not??

Talking of which I'm enjoying a lot of
Kevin Saundersons work at the moment.

Mr S has got to be one of the best and most diverse 'dance' producers of the last 20 years hasn't he??....I mean that Inner City stuff is pure house pop gold and then you've got the darker Tronik House stuff...Shit, he's recorded under so many names I can't even remember most of them, and then there's his role in promoting, producing and encouraging all the other Detroit boys who have shaped much essential and worthwhile dance music...

It's one hell of a legacy and if you ask me, it's guys like Mr S who should live in music halls of fame - if we have to have that kind of crap that is...

Before we move on, another thing I love about the Detroit boys is the way they just get on with banging the music out and don't waste their time doing PR, brown nosing record company whores and talking to idiot music journalists like myself...

They're wise boys who know that quality mostly comes through sooner or later, so why should they bother with all the flim flam??

So there we go...If you have brains and don't have much Saunderson get yourself here and educate yourself

Saunderson aside, I've been listening to alot of Italian radio this last week. Yes boss, my day has taken to starting with a couple of hours of Ra Ra Ra Radio DeeJayyyyyyyy

Now, for some reason (probably because i only understand about half of it) I can tolerate the mindless bantering of Italian Radio DJs much more easily than English fools like Chris Moyles.

Music wise there's classic rock (I've heard unusual Janis Joplin and Led Zepplin at 10am) Then thre's Love Gutsy Italian rock pop (AMORE!!! AMORE!!! AMORE!!!!!!!!) and then there's the mindless quick dance crap that Italians tend to play as they steer (with one or no hands) their hatchbacks around the countryside at 94mph of an evening. They also seem big on Mika and Jamie T just now..

OK:

Lastly, I was playing the role of Hitlers bodyguard in a film last week and during this apparent visual feast I met a guy called Dennis.



As you'll have seen from the clip, unlike Ivory Tinkler Ward, Dennis is one of the not so lucky X Factor contestants. I say that but he told me he's met Take That and Westlife, been Russias judge on Eurovision and sung with Leona Lewis since this appearance, so he's not done too badly out of it...

Anyway, he's still clearly annoyed with Cowells suggestion he can't sing,. So much so he played me his tracks from his phone and said he wanted to talk about what really goes on behind the scenes at X Factor...

Well, I have his card and am about to drop him a line and see what's what, so maybe we have that to look forward too...

But in the meantime go check out
Saunderson...



Currently listening :
Praise
By Inner City
Release date: By 11 August, 1992

11:07 - 2 Comments - 1 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

horton jupiter

yeah, 'praise' is ace, but it's th carl craig mixes that do the bix for me there...

Posted by horton jupiter on Thursday, April 19, 2007 at 12:17
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Paul Giovanni

Of all the Detroit Boys, Carl Craig is the one I have least familiarity with...I've heard one album and remixes here there and everywhere, but have never quiet got him as I have some of the others...Any suggestions for key recordings I should check out??

Posted by Paul Giovanni on Thursday, April 19, 2007 at 12:26
[Remove] [Reply to this]

No comments: