Wednesday 16 April 2008

SUNNY MUSIC...


Current mood: SUMMER SUMMER SUMMER!!!
Category: SUMMER SUMMER SUMMER!!! Music



So....

After a few weeks of trying to keep up with the kids music, I’m back on the vinyl archive and here’s an LP I’d recommend to completely everyone...

Yes boss, The Essential Mediterranean DanceTrax is the sunniest record I’ve heard in a long while..


I picked it up a few years back when I was trying to find my way into some cheap dance vinyl. It had Weatherall talking juice on the back sleeve



so I figured it must be alright despite the New Romantic look of some of the featured acts...




Well, I can most definately report that IT’S A FUCKING DIAMOND RECORD!!!

Yes boss, if you ever see one buy it!! We’re talking super cheery summer music. Balearic House: Carefree, light and happy go lucky. FUN FUN FUN!!!

DANCE MUSIC THAT DOESN’T TAKE ITSELF TOO SERIOUSLY!!!!!


Now, perhaps I’m loving it so much because it’s been raining cold and snowing for the last 18 months and because I haven’t had a holiday for a year and that was to the in-laws, and the sun wasn’t playing ball even though I was in Italy and it was May and IT DAMN WELL SHOULD HAVE BEEN SUNNY!!!!

But, no...

Every time I’ve listened to this, I’ve felt light and bright. It’s infused with that Mediterranean joy of life..


So, I’m not going to say much more about it except to say read Weatheralls speach down the left hand side of that first image.

It sums the whole thing up perfectly...

OH, AND SEE MR LELEWEL FOR A GREAT DEAL ON WHISTLES!!!!!



02:08 - 29 Comments - 12 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove -

Megleonie

let the sun come shine the fuck on in i say! shame you cant put an mp3 up here...aint you got one of those noo fangled vinyl>mp3 converters...?......it must be alright probably precisely BECAUSE of the new romantic get up.....i wonder if he ever got all those whistles blown at once......he he :)

Posted by Megleonie on Wednesday, April 09, 2008 at 02:33
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Yeah...

I should record it into this here computer. In fact I'd like something off here in the next Casa Hasa Giovanna so i think I'll do that...

Or maybe someone's already done it and I can download it??

Either way, there needs to be more of this record in everyones ears...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Wednesday, April 09, 2008 at 02:45
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

HERE'S A WHOLE BUNCH OF CHEAP COPIES!!!!

http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?release_id=78960&ev=rp

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Wednesday, April 09, 2008 at 02:54
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Megleonie

am i alone in imagining it's almost like he is an enormous disco pig and the whistles are his teats or something...?

Posted by Megleonie on Wednesday, April 09, 2008 at 02:34
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

An enormous disco pig???

I'm very interested in the commercial potential of such a thing...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Wednesday, April 09, 2008 at 02:48
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Vera Wankenstein

I've noticed a handful of typographic errors on the sleeve notes...which unfortunately prevents me from EVER enjoying this record...the heinous crimes against typesetting would always be in the back of my mind.

Posted by Vera Wankenstein on Wednesday, April 09, 2008 at 02:38
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

But you read this blog - how the hell can you be upset by tyops???

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Wednesday, April 09, 2008 at 02:49
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Vera Wankenstein

Double standrads... ))))))))

Posted by Vera Wankenstein on Wednesday, April 09, 2008 at 02:51
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

CRNIMALI!!!

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Wednesday, April 09, 2008 at 02:55
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Vera Wankenstein

KIZS MI AS!!!

Posted by Vera Wankenstein on Wednesday, April 09, 2008 at 03:01
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Wednesday, April 09, 2008 at 03:07
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Emily

The pictures are ace...a reminder of life when things aren't so serious and heavy...

Posted by Emily on Wednesday, April 09, 2008 at 02:38
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

I think Drum 'N' Bass should be tried for crimes against lightness in dance music...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Wednesday, April 09, 2008 at 02:50
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Version Steve

I am in balearic bliss.

I didn't know about Weatherall's career @ Boys Own!

Ruffles are the new awesome.

Posted by Version Steve on Wednesday, April 09, 2008 at 03:08
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Me too...

I was hoping you were also gonna be saying you had all of this on mp3 - or knew of a blog that did...

Oh well, I guess I'll have to do it myself...))

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Wednesday, April 09, 2008 at 03:27
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Version Steve

Upon further digging, seems I've found the hippiest Weatherall ever via Boys Own TV promo!

Posted by Version Steve on Wednesday, April 09, 2008 at 03:26
[Remove] [Reply to this]


The Cupid Kinkyboots Fan Club™

I like the Venga Boys...



I can slip the Macarena in here too if you like...

Posted by The Cupid Kinkyboots Fan Club™ on Wednesday, April 09, 2008 at 11:20
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

I LOVE THIS TRACK!!!

I used to play it constantly when it came out, though I didn't like many of their others...

Hey Now, Hey Now, Hear What I Say Now
Happiness Is Just Around The Corner!!!

What a telling and brilliant lyric of our times...

It always reminded me of this postcard. IN fact I think it was probably inspired by it.

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Wednesday, April 09, 2008 at 11:54
[Remove] [Reply to this]


black victory

"the real wild house" sounds fucking amazing, i imagine it to be the twins off pat sharpes fun house with a double ender

Posted by black victory on Wednesday, April 09, 2008 at 22:51
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Vera Wankenstein

Typos or no typos, I think I need to hear this...

Posted by Vera Wankenstein on Thursday, April 10, 2008 at 13:40
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Vera Wankenstein

Just had the misfortune to find it on youtube....6 minutes 15 seconds of Euro gayboy shite versus gurning mono-browed senoritas ...no offence...

Bring back Ethel Merman.

Posted by Vera Wankenstein on Thursday, April 10, 2008 at 14:00
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

YOU'RE MAD!!!!!

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Thursday, April 10, 2008 at 14:08
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Vera Wankenstein

:(

Posted by Vera Wankenstein on Thursday, April 10, 2008 at 14:35
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Thursday, April 10, 2008 at 15:05
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Vera Wankenstein

Oh yes, the pastoral care at the Futureproof Music Corporation is second to none.

Posted by Vera Wankenstein on Thursday, April 10, 2008 at 16:09
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Thanks...

As long as my staff are happy, I'm happy....))

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Thursday, April 10, 2008 at 16:14
[Remove]


black victory

"the real wild house" sounds fucking amazing, i imagine it to be the twins off pat sharpes fun house with a double ender

Posted by black victory on Wednesday, April 09, 2008 at 22:51
[Remove] [Reply to this]


CODE SELFISH

Gawd!-Raul Orrelana-takes me back, I can remember his track 'Numero Uno' trading blows with Martika,Alice Cooper & er, Fuzzbox on the inagural 'Monster Hits' album that me & my brother got on tape for Christmas 1989..I remember Ride On Time getting the tape started..happy days!
PS perhaps this is a taster for a blog on Italo House..heres hoping x

Posted by CODE SELFISH on Friday, April 11, 2008 at 09:16
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Ride On Time is a gem and a half...

Italo house is ace. I need to be attending to that blog right away!!

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Friday, April 11, 2008 at 11:22
[Remove] [Reply to this]

No comments: