Sunday 20 April 2008

BILLY CHILDISH IN ONE NEAT AND MODERN PACKAGE....


Current mood: SUCCINCT
Category: SUCCINCT Music



Yesterday, I was saying that Billy Childish seemed to be stuck in the early 1970's with a seeming complete unwillingness to embrace new technology in any way shape or form....

And then I see this...


Everything I Have Ever Recorded 1979 - 2008

Everything I Have Ever Recorded 1979 - 2008
Ref: BC Ipod

An iPod with every recording Billy Childish has ever released, starting with the first Pop Rivets record and ending with a recording of a live performance and poetry reading at THE AQUARIUM L-13 on 17th April 2008.

Each iPod will be housed in a custom handmade box with an external headphone socket, will come with a complete and detailed discography, and one track that is unique to each individual iPod.

Edition of 10 of which 6 will be numbered and for sale. The other 4 will be given to the artist, curator, gallery and compiler.

Due to the enormity of the project (Childish has released over 100 LPs and a similar number of singles), this is currently a work in progress and will be completed in May 2008.

£1500 + VAT

Please contact The Aquarium for further details

http://www.theaquariumonline.co.uk/acatalog/Vinyl_and_CDs.html


22:15 - 9 Comments - 6 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove -

Vera Wankenstein

Very good....but if I were you I wouldn't even contemplate considering buying one of these things for that price...I don't think I'm speaking out of turn when I suggest that Mrs Giovanni would ACTUALLY KILL YOU. Capisce?????????

Posted by Vera Wankenstein on Sunday, April 13, 2008 at 23:05
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

In the short term, my ass would indeed be dead...

But I reckon these'll increase in value as art - so were I to rob a shopkeeper and buy one (When in the bank, I've often noticed shopkeepers transport their weeks takings, more or less unguarded - seeing this, my latent criminal mind starts to think bad thoughts...) I'd encourage Mrs G to take a more long term view...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Sunday, April 13, 2008 at 23:12
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Vera Wankenstein

Well you can still access myspace in prison, so I don't suppose it would matter.

Posted by Vera Wankenstein on Sunday, April 13, 2008 at 23:18
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

It's something Mrs Giovanni would do well to consider...

So long as I get the ipod bought and stashed before appearing on Crimewatch, she'll not only get shot of my for a few peaceful years - but also be quids in, in the long run!!!

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Sunday, April 13, 2008 at 23:46
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Vera Wankenstein

Sounds like a plan, and I wish the Giovannis every success and happiness. )))

Posted by Vera Wankenstein on Sunday, April 13, 2008 at 23:51
[Remove] [Reply to this]


The Cupid Kinkyboots Fan Club™

You should go back to that shipping place you used to work at and maybe a few will pass by your way. Gotta be easier than a bank job.

Posted by The Cupid Kinkyboots Fan Club™ on Monday, April 14, 2008 at 06:39
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Yeah...

But then I'd have to work 10 hours a day sorting mail..

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Monday, April 14, 2008 at 12:52
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Clinker

You'll have to kill all your readers. We know too much.

Posted by Clinker on Monday, April 14, 2008 at 12:49
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Monday, April 14, 2008 at 12:58
[Remove] [Reply to this]

No comments: