Wednesday 2 April 2008

HAVE YOU NOTICED...


Current mood: OOOHHHHH PRETTY!!!!
Category: OOOHHHHH PRETTY!!!! Music





how everytime I decide I’m gonna do something else other than write snappy little blogs, I get a new spurt of Giovanna blogging energy?!?

Yes boss, I think this works, because down the years, I’ve become so used to working on the back of others expressed doubt, that if I don’t get any expressed doubt for a few days or weeks, I have to doubt myself just to get some energy flowing again!!!


But seriously, I woke up this morning and thought:

"I’M TIRED OF SITTING AROUND THIS FLAT ALL DAY DOING WHATEVER I PLEASE!! I’M GONNNA GET A PROPER JOB!!!"

It seemed like such a good idea at the time...

But I’ve just looked down through the vacancies and realised it really wasn’t such a good idea at all.

No boss, as some of you will know, normal day jobs simply don’t allow one to swan about and change my cap 9 times a day, or to meet friends at short notice to go and find something beautiful or to spend an hour watching the diggers shovel dirt around DAY ZERO...


Anyway, here’s a worthy bit of musical news to get your juices flowing and one that’s bound to create meaningful enjoyment for all...

One of my guaranteed favourite new tracks ’Lionels Tears’ by
’they came from the stars I saw them’ is now up on their myspazz player.

Yes boss, a more original and peculiarly wonderful track you won’t hear all year and the others on the player are pretty fucking good ’n all...


Yesterday, I had the pleasure of listening through some of the stars early gigs on cassette tape - dates from 9 years ago, when the band was looser and more peculiar than a week on acid..

Since those embyonic shows (attended by the likes of Hot Chip) the band has come a long way from and through slow electronic pop noodlings, marked as much by the confused audience as the actual sounds produced on stage, to the rampant energy pop of the Hot Inc, and there’s never ever been a dull moment along the way....


So, 2008 and the pop charts are calling....

A whole bunch of European dates are on the horizon including a 10 day tour of Italy. (The story of that will follow on this ’ere blinger - and it’s a good merited justice one that makes you just LOVE the wierd chaos music world)

Meanwhile, I’m currently trying to get my pale white ass on a plane for 3 days on the beach at Bari together with a star date in the evening

Can life really be any more worthwhile, wholesome and satisfying than that??



COMING SOON!!!!



Currently listening :
They Came from The Stars I Saw Them vs Reality
By They Came from the Stars I Saw Them Vs. Reality
Release date: By 18 September, 2007

10:42 - 7 Comments - 4 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove -

The Cupid Kinkyboots Fan Club

I find the main problem with real jobs is that once in awhile you have to do something productive...

Posted by The Cupid Kinkyboots Fan Club on Thursday, March 27, 2008 at 18:06
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

I have absolutely no problem with being productive - I'm a veritable factory of production...

I just don't like being told what to do and when to do it, especially if the things to be done are rather stupid and dull...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Thursday, March 27, 2008 at 19:54
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Brigid Power-Ryce

Aristotle said: "All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind."
there now thats what ive been shouting at my family since i was 16 but it didnt work they still think im a waster...

Posted by Brigid Power-Ryce on Friday, March 28, 2008 at 15:16
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

I was chatting with a friend of mine yesterday who works at a Steiner School..

His family have never been convinced that teaching at such a place is a 'proper' job.

However the other day they were watching TV and Melinda Messenger was being interviewed.

MM said her kids went to a Steiner School and they were much happier there than they ever were at a regular school..

My friend said that as his parents talked of this, he could detect a mark more respect for him and his job in their voices - as if Messengers was suddenly an opinion they respected..

Which makes sense to a degree, or it would if the person being interviewed was Alan Titchmarsh - but MELINDA MESSENGER!!!???

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Friday, March 28, 2008 at 16:08
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Renate

WHY OH WHY illustrate your apparent contempt for Ms Messenger's choice of school for her kids by posting a photo of her double whammy of large breasts and blonde hair...?????

ARE HER MOTHERING SKILLS ANY LESS VALID JUST BECAUSE OF HER APPEARANCE??????

NO, THEY ARE NOT!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Renate on Friday, March 28, 2008 at 17:26
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

I'm not sure I've made myself clear..

I posted that picture because I couldn't find any better one. I mean, what else does MM do other than show her breasts??? If I could find a picture of her playing chess or building a skyscraper, I'd have posted that...

Furthermore, I have no problem whatsoever with her or her choice of school - far from it...

I have the problem with people deciding their sons choice of career must be alright because Melinda Messengers kids go to a school like the one he teaches in - rather than because they trust their son to be making the right career choice...

Why is it that it takes a celebrity to validate everything these days???

Why do people suddenly think something is OK because some TV presenter/model says her kids go there????

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Friday, March 28, 2008 at 18:56
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Renate

Oh. Fair comment then. Apologies for not reading your blog properly. ))

Posted by Renate on Friday, March 28, 2008 at 19:32
[Remove] [Reply to this]

No comments: