Thursday 22 March 2007

THIS WEEKS HITS – WEEK MIDDLING 21ST MARCH 2007

HOKA HEY!!!

I've escaped from the lab after a new two days of dosing on the finest asthma cures and I've a whole bunch of good shit to recommend to your more than capable ears..


HOT NEW TODDIES

I'm pretty sure i've heard some Daedelus before - In fact I reckon they've recorded something for Mike Paradinas label Planet Mu.. The 4 tracks on the Myspace player are a good introduction anyway. There's a bit of lounge electronica, a tribute to rave and some ambient electrolysis going on.

Where Everything Falls Out is beautiful, vocal, proper soothing soundscape scenes..Turn your telly down to the pictures only, and listen to this as a soundtrack. I have to do this all the time - the telly's broken. Earlier on, I had London Tonight for pictures and Ivor Cutler for sounds, it was good...

Anyway...

Die Del Amor - Horror Hard Hop anyone?? Much like Bishi on last weeks list, I'm not sure if I like this lot myself, but I reckon they're alright and at the very least, worth a go..


STAPLES

IVOR CUTLER - To get started on your Cutlercation check out a bootleg album called 107 recordings. You'll find it on emule or something similar. Highlights include Blind Date, A Romantic Man, A Real Man and the outstanding Get Away From the Wall

THE ORB - (Once the Orb were huge and then everyone turned against them - The Orb's Adventures Beyond The Ultraworld is however a classic record)

SCROOBIUS PIP - No Commercial Breaks LP (I got my copy from Mr Pips fair hand. I'm not sure about it's availability...Go ask him)

GLOBAL GOON
- (Swimming melodic electronics)

TOM MIDDLETON - (Deeply house smooth)

MARCELO RADULOVICH - This gentleman sent me three LPs for review and I'll be doing just that shortly. For now I'll say Bass booty tastic and proper muso skill..Radulovich can blend like no other..


LIVE


I took a Saturday night at The Fly on New Oxford Street and saw 2 and a half of the 4 bands.

The first didn't sound that interesting on any level and I don't even remember their name.

The headliners The Natives sounded like 3001 other turgid '4 boys in an indie band'. Proper lads music and I'm not a lad I'm a small boy....

Only
MissOddKids crudely contagious rhymnes had any class. The crowd weren't interested, but the crowd was indie kids looking for a new Oasis...Miss OK can be a pop sensation - Go check her out


NO MIXES THIS WEEK BUT INSTEAD A...

MYSPACE MASH UP:

A Myspace Mashup is when you're svivvering and swaying through myspace trying to lure as many people as possible to be your friend and you get yourself a load of open profiles and 3 or 4 or 10 profile tracks all playing at once.

This is of course most normally a complete pain in the arse horrible noise mess, especially when you're computer won't let you shut any of it down...

But occasionally you hear a good combination and you start to get ideas that maybe your musical career isn't quite over. This happenned to me not 2 hours ago. I had
Psure (electro techno type thing) Mark of the Muze (dreamy ambient thing) and Acid Burp Music all going at once. It didn't work all of the time, but i reckon you could mix bits of these together and come up with something pretty interesting..

So that's about it for this weeks roundup..They'll be plenty of new stuff up here just as soon as I finish with the drugs, including:

Album reviews of Marcelo Radulovich, Yila, Scroobius Pip, Louie Austen.

A LIVE review of They Came From The Stars I Saw Them

And some screeching features to bleed for..


OVER AND OUT....
:+) PG


Marcelo Radulovich

"Bass booty tastic and proper muso skill..."

Wonderful, I'd been looking for a new headline for my page, hope you don't mind my borrowing your words!

Cheers

Posted by Marcelo Radulovich on Friday, March 30, 2007 at 18:59
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Yes, fillllll your boots...The reviews should be ready by the end of next week or maybe sooner...PG

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Friday, March 30, 2007 at 19:50
[Remove] [Reply to this]

No comments: